Why was I refused refund

Discus and support Why was I refused refund in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Refused refund for multiple games purchased fraudulently on my sons account that was hacked on Tuesday. The games were purchased and gifted by using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nick Jarvis, Jul 6, 2023.

1. nick Jarvis
    nick Jarvis Guest

Why was I refused refund

Refused refund for multiple games purchased fraudulently on my sons account that was hacked on Tuesday. The games were purchased and gifted by using our bank accounts that were linked to a PayPal account.

:)

nick Jarvis, Jul 6, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Why was I refused refund

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your refund requests.

Did you receive an email from the refund team on the decision about the request?

If you did, please respond to that email so you can dispute the decision and let them know about what happened with these purchases.

You can also submit another refund request through the webform so they can check on this again.

Make sure to get the order numbers first on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Then go here:

http://xbox.com/refunds

Since this is the second request.

Choose the option "Why don't I see the purchase in my list?" then "I don't see the purchase"

Choose the last option "none of the above apply, I still can't find my order" then "request a refund"

After you submit this form, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that’ll include instructions on how you can keep track of the status of your request. They will send you a response with the refund decision within 72 hours.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Appeal a refund refusal

To appeal, you have to reply to the email you got stating the refund was refused. Explain in detail in your email why you want the refund. The refund team may then change their mind and give you it.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

I accidentally brought fifa 23 for Next Gen instead of the Xbox one version, can you please help with how I can switch the Xbox Series X version out for the Xbox one version

Hi,

The Series X version of FIFA 23 is the Series X version, it can't be switched. If you've bought the wrong version, you'll need to request a refund.

Keep checking your email. If the refund is refused, reply directly to the refusal email stating why you believe you should be entitled to a refund.
  5. RyanBrush Win User

Fallout 76 Refund Declined

Paul,

I had the same issue as Jacob. I replied to the email and continue to get no detail on why my refund request was denied. I rise this to the serious level of fraud that xbox offers aaa game on the platform that I can't play due to server issues, glitches,
    force game closures and a myriad of other issues and then refuses to tell me the simpliest of things....why you refuse to refund with knowledge that it is not playable. Standing behind terms of sale won't protect you when you sell something that is not playable.
    You licensed this terrible game and should do right by those that request a refund.
  6. Outraged G_50 Win User

Appeal a refund refusal

To appeal, you have to reply to the email you got stating the refund was refused. Explain in detail in your email why you want the refund. The refund team may then change their mind and give you it.
    Many thanks for the advice Stuart, I will give that a try & see what they say.....
Thema:

Why was I refused refund

1. Why was I refused refund - Similar Threads - Why was refused

2. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  3. Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.: Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet. I have tried everything, resetting it, et cetera. 50638947-7199-49c6-b3ea-7260f9811b83
  4. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  5. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  6. Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is xbox refusing to fix their console that is still under warranty and giving me the...: Xbox refuses to fix its faulty series x console that is still under warranty. First they told me that they can’t warranty it do to physical damage to the console, there is none. Then they told me...
  7. Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Gamepass Forza Motorsport download keep stopping of outright refusing to...: My install of Forza Motorsport is stuck at basically half way. I have tested download speeds and everything is perfectly normal. Never had any dramas installing big games before now. Is it a...
  8. Why does the xbox website refuse to let me sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the xbox website refuse to let me sign in?: Every time I go into the xbox website and press the sign in button it refuses to do so with it literally just refreshing the page instead of bringing me to the sign in page. This has been...
  9. Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Game Pass PC CONSTANTLY refuse to launch games?: This started not long after Starfield launched. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence, but since then games will randomly refuse to launch, and I'll see a generic "Something went wrong" error: [img]...
  10. Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.: Windows 11 is made to make me extraordinarily upset. The system won't let me download any gaming service or even update any of my microsoft given apps on my desktop. This just seems like a huge...