Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted?

Discus and support Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Why not allow xbox users to gift their old games they no longer play or want? If we had a hard copy of a game and was done with it we would just put it... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Kn1ghtRa1der, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted?

Why not allow xbox users to gift their old games they no longer play or want? If we had a hard copy of a game and was done with it we would just put it up for sale on eBay, take it to gamestop, or give it to a friend or family member. Why not allow us to have the ability to gift a game we no longer want to a family/friend who is on our friends list.

We find a game we no longer want we go into "manage game" and one of the options is "gift game" we choose the option, choose a name from our friends list, and off it goes. As soon as the user accepts the game the game leaves our "license/game list" and is now in the other persons library.

This will allow for more people to experience a game they otherwise wouldn't or they couldn't afford and would give the original owner a peace of mine that their money was definitely well spent because the game got extended life. And to keep this down to a min only allow the games to be gifted once. You give this game that much more advertisement because now 2 people are telling all their friends and family about a game and not just one.

submitted by /u/Kn1ghtRa1der
    [link] [comments]

/u/Kn1ghtRa1der, Aug 17, 2020
  2. rainbowfor3v3r Win User

preview program

Why is my console still registered with my old account if it is no longer allowed in the preview program
  3. Bon3zz1001 Win User

Old Forums

If you're looking for your old posts, they're no longer here. After the switch the old forums where archived for about a month or so allowing people to find / save things that they needed. The forums were wiped clean which is why some games have almost no
    posts in their subforums now.
  4. Temhotabot Win User

Memory Copying Problems

Why delete the profile? Why not either just leave it on your console or move it to a USB Flash Drive? Then when you want to play that game save you just access that profile. As has already been stated not all games allow game
    saves to be moved/used from profile to profile and even the ones that do allow that automatically disable the ability to earn achievements from those saves.
  5. hammerman228 Win User

Unjust Communication Ban

If it is allowed in-game, why the double standard for text? I was under the belief that children under 18 have the ability to set up settings to avoid swearing. Why punish the player with their settings allowed for everything? This is just confusing and
    contradictory.
  6. mav 7 Win User

Family Plan! Reason I'm buying

You can do that as well without having to swap disc. They are allowing you to gift your digital games to anyone that has been on your friends list longer than 30 days, the friend can not give it back though. So there is an option for sharing and for gifting.
Thema:

Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted?

1. Why not allow the ability to gift old games no longer wanted? - Similar Threads - Why allow ability

2. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  3. Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my Xbox series s connect to xfinity wifi I tried to login and it doesn’t allow...: I dont understand why my Xbox won’t connect to my via network 0540cb0c-6d58-4834-b2ea-cf0f37fd08f3
  4. Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does roblox not allow the user to log back into the same account after Disconnecting by...: I know the roblox 90- day cooldown is a thing but i Accidentally signed out. Of my account on roblox and then tried to log in the same account and i does not work (P.S if its Suppose to stop...
  5. Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I not allowed to join my friend’s Minecraft world when I play on switch?: I play on a Switch, I bought Minecraft on my switch and Have a Microsoft account. I already tried to reset my switch and redo the wifi router. I don’t understand, I play Minecraft on a switch and...
  6. Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why won't my Xbox allow me to create or join a party?: Everytime I make a party or try and join one on my Xbox series S it says party encountered an error and tells me to check my Internet connection. When I check my connection it says everything is...
  7. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  8. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  9. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  10. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...