Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

Discus and support Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AntiDreamer, Oct 30, 2023.

1. AntiDreamer
    AntiDreamer Guest

Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old games but I think if I buy a first party Xbox game on Microsoft store I should be able to play it on both Xbox and PC platforms and with saves synced. I shouldn't pay the same company on their own platforms twice to play their own games.

:)

AntiDreamer, Oct 30, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Microsoft didn't acquire ZeniMax Media (Bethesda's former Parent company) until 2021. So, while these games you mentioned are now technically first party Xbox games, they were not first party Xbox games when they were released.
  3. AntiDreamer Win User

That cannot be the case at all. It's not about Microsoft or any other company buying them. Again, the Microsoft thing just makes it more ridiculous and weird but regardless it makes no sense. ALL Steam games have cloud saves including the ones I just mentioned. So, these games do support cloud saves. Plus, I don't think cloud saves need licenses except if by license you mean cross-saves which I'm not talking about. I just want the bare minimum of cloud saves on the platform of the same company that bought these developers for 7 billion dollars to put their games on their store. If Steam which is a third party in this situation have cloud saves for Fallout 4, the owner of Fallout 4 should have the license for cloud saves too.
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again Anti Dreamer,

I am glad to know that your doubts have already been resolved, and I am even more glad that you received a response from the Microsoft and Bethesda authorities. Remember that if you have any other questions/problems, you can make a new post.

We are on your disposition.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

the games have existing licences which governs how they are used, where they are used and what capabilities they have, these licences cannot be changed just because Microsoft purchased the company.

cloud save functionality cannot just be added, when it comes to managing saves on pc then just use game save manager.
  6. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi again AntiDreamer,

As a player I understand perfectly what you are trying to say, let's hope that Microsoft can see your publication and take into account everything you are saying since it would do us a favor by doing this.

As I said before, let's hope in the future that this can be incorporated. Anyway, remember that this is a Microsoft community support forum where there are members and players like you, therefore we do not belong to Microsoft.

Having said this, it would be best to contact support so that you can suggest everything you mention, so they can take all this into account to add it in the future.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
Thema:

1. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"? - Similar Threads - Why none Bethesda's

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why does Microsoft recommend webcams for the Xbox when none of them work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft recommend webcams for the Xbox when none of them work?: I've tried all 4 versions of webcams on the support page. That page needs to be taken down. 357c74e1-a6dc-4656-828d-070800fb9fcc
  10. Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers: My controllers aren’t working, but when I go to lab mode, they were perfectly fine 59a47321-f44a-45bc-a574-6af75c184dca