Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360

Discus and support Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Apparently you didn't see x Desii's post. I'm done here bai Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FazzyWazzy 86, Apr 9, 2014.

  1. Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360


    Apparently you didn't see x Desii's post.

    I'm done here bai
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 11, 2014
    #31
  2. Duck's right - I ran Desii's video link on my Xbox 360, my Xbox One, and my brother's Smart TV - it ran comparatively the same all the way through even though only the Smart TV actually mentioned "Super HD" on it.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 11, 2014
    #32
  3. Randver
    Randver Guest
    @GG

    Who's your ISP and what's your plan speed? And your seeing 4300 or 5800 on all those platforms?

    I'm getting 3850 on the One and 5800 on PS4 and Win 8 laptop. My ISP is TWC who isn't part of "Open Connect" so I'm wondering if the supported devices get you 4300 or 5800 even if your ISP isn't participating.

    Basically if your device is listed your getting Super HD under all circumstances ( as long as you meet speed) and if it's not it's dependent on your ISP participation in Open Connect.
     
    Randver, Apr 11, 2014
    #33
  4. x Desii
    x Desii Guest

    Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360

    So, how many have got the 4300, or 5800 birate? Remember guys, Super HD is just a better 1920x1080 bitrate. If you have AT&T, TWC, or Verizon DSL/FIOS for example, these providers will have a hard time getting you a good bitrate especially during the afternoon
    because Netflix uses 1/3 of the total bandwidth in America each day. So yes, those who aren't registered with Open Connect, or don't have an interconnect agreement with Netflix like Comcast, will have a hard time getting a Super HD bitrate (mostly during primetime),
    because these ISP's have to use 3rd party distributors (Cogent, Level 3, Akamai) to deliver Netflix content to them. These 3rd party distributors' pipes become too clogged because they want more money from these ISP's to pay for a "fatter pipe" to deliver
    more bandwidth so to speak. ISP's believe the 3rd party distributors should pay for their own "fatter pipes." And this is where the never ending argument between the two begins.
     
    x Desii, Apr 11, 2014
    #34
  5. x Desii
    x Desii Guest
    The edit on my last post didn't go through, but the 360 is not capable of Super HD, because it maxes out at a 3000 Kbps bitrate (720p).
     
    x Desii, Apr 11, 2014
    #35
  6. I'm not noticing a difference between the XO and PS4 when it comes to Netflix.

    I tried "House of Cards" and "LillyHammer" and they both are identical.

    "SuperHD is offered on the Xbox One.
     
    ChasedGibbon45, Apr 11, 2014
    #36
  7. 360 outputs a 1080p picture and is therefore capable of Super HD. GG is correct.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 12, 2014
    #37
  8. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360

    No one is debating it's not capable of Super HD, we are asking why it isn't supporting it.
     
    Randver, Apr 12, 2014
    #38
  9. Reread the last post on the first page. Oink.
     
    A Virtual Duck, Apr 12, 2014
    #39
  10. Randver
    Randver Guest
    Apparently you stopped reading this thread after that post, read my post on this page.
     
    Randver, Oct 31, 2018
    #40
  11. CHUCK MORR1S Win User

    Stream Super HD and 3D

    My Xbox 360 and Xbox one only offer Netflix in HD. The Netflix app on my smart TV offers Super HD. I checked my connection settings through Xbox One and is says I have 120 mbps, so it has more that enough bandwidth.

    Why doesn't the Xbox One version of Netflix support Super HD?
  12. Hankhil Win User

    Stream Super HD and 3D

    I agree why don't they support Super HD. The Xbox One's Netflix picture quality is definitely inferior to my other devices that can play in Super HD. This is very disappointing. Hopefully this will be resolved. the Xbox One is new and it appears some apps
    were rushed. I was also surprised the latest Netflix update to the 360 did not include Super HD.
  13. Bear on the job Win User

    Netflix - Super HD and 2nd Screen

    How are you determining it's Super HD for you? Even if you are getting a higher bitrate than normal, I'm not sure that would indicate Super HD. And if it does support Super HD, why is it not listed on Netflix's official page? It's baffling to me since Xbox
    and Netflix always had a pretty good relation, and Xbox 360 was one of the devices that first gave Netflix a foothold in the living room. They should be BFFs.
  14. E McSq Win User

    Netflix video quality

    Yes, xbox one supports super HD Netflix streams.

    However, the xbox one app lists them as merely HD for some reason, but i tested a video on Netflix that displayed the bitrate and resolution of the stream and it matched up with the standards that Netflix deem to be Super HD.

    I'm curious,however. You say you want to upgrade to super hd, but i pay the standard monthly rate (in the u.k) for Netflix and get Super HD on xbox one.

    Are you saying you have to pay extra for super hd? Or have i misunderstood?
  15. RageXP Win User

    No Super HD or 3D options in Netflix app?

    Please add Super HD or 3D options for Netflix App on XBOX ONE! or at least add SUPER HD, that option available on the PS4.
Thema:

Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360

Loading...
  1. Why no Netflix Super HD on Xbox One or 360 - Similar Threads - Why Netflix Super

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  9. The volume isnt working when i play madden or watch netflix. Why is that?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    The volume isnt working when i play madden or watch netflix. Why is that?: Volume isnt workin when play madden or watch netflix.why is that? a09e54dc-b4ea-4d3a-96f1-94050cecde10
  10. Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?: I have an Xbox one s digital edition, whenever I go to Netflix I get about 10 to 15 seconds of video and then nothing, words and subtitles are still appearing but no picture can someone help?...