Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi

Discus and support Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello,Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi 611c55bf-0a45-4ae3-99c9-7b5086b9a9e7 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Peteryang1756, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi

Hello,Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi

:)

Peteryang1756, Apr 4, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If I may ask, are you getting an error message or error code whenever you're trying to connect your Xbox One to your 5GHz network connection?

Also, please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

" 1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
  3. radiactivepeter Win User

Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
  4. Vid33nyc1 Win User

Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
    I have my pc,xbox one x,ps4 pro and shield to pro hooked to the D-Link TL-SG105 switch.All wired with Cat6 cables.Google router/modem only has 1 ethernet port.
  5. 13150d90-b82f-4ad5-a Win User

How do I connect an Xbox One to an SSID that is not broadcasting it's name? (A hidden network)

Update:

The Xbox One will connect to the 2.4ghz hidden network just fine
    (apparently).

I did not initially try to connect to the hidden 2.4ghz network because the Xbox One connected to the non-hidden 5ghz network; I was only thinking in the mindset that the Xbox One will connect to a 5G network because that's what I wanted.

If anyone else is researching this question,

try to connect to the 2.4G hidden network if you are having difficulty connecting to a
    5G hidden network.

This worked for me.

I do wish that it would just connect to my hidden 5G network. I do not understand why it will not. I do not understand why it will connect to my 5G network fine when I toggle the "broadcast SSID name" function on the 5G network.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Xbox Live shows as not connected when internet is connected

Thema:

1. Why my xbox one can't connect 5G wifi - Similar Threads - Why can't connect

2. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...
  3. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  4. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  5. Why can't I connect my console to the app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect my console to the app?: How do I connect my console to the app? I've attempted to many times and it never worked. Help please. d5d7c9ce-6d5b-4733-9b10-75fea9295432
  6. I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a 100% packet loss with a wired connection on my series x and I can't figure out why...: I ran "test Multiplayer connection" option and I get " You have high packet loss" " your packet loss is 100% I then run "test network speed & statistics" and get the following "DL speed 61.76 UPL...
  7. Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my profile to black ops 2: Whenever I click download new profile to add mine it keeps saying check network connection but my connection is running just fine and it won't let me add my profile can anyone help?...
  8. Why can't I connect to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect to internet: Why can't connect to the internet 0e31da7c-e3a4-4d16-ade4-afa2841424c0
  9. Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app: Why can't I connect my 2008 Xbox 360 to Xbox mobile app 0170db66-f61f-4540-bd20-e0404a7ecba8
  10. Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection...: Why can't I install my game but my wifi is working,it says check your internet connection but when i go check it it says connection all good,i also can watch youtube but cant install my game any...