Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game...

Discus and support Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have bought skylanders imaginators on Xbox one. When I download it cause says has an update it just stops installation at 42%. I have restarted the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Derion Liebenberg, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game...

I have bought skylanders imaginators on Xbox one. When I download it cause says has an update it just stops installation at 42%. I have restarted the game uninstalled reinstalled, it works after testing another game. The game works but you dan only play first level then kicks to main screen saying not updated, so I then go through the hole process again but keeps sitting at 42% even after 2 hours.

I have tried this on my Xbox x series, I am gonna try see if it doesn’t work in my Xbox one.

If I go to the store it also says view game cause I have it on disc.

Can you please help and solve so that the game Skylanders imaginators work.

:)

Derion Liebenberg, Oct 20, 2023
  2. Derion Liebenberg Win User

Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game needs update but won’t update.

Good day Darhyl.

I have tried to clear my local saved games, the game still downloads but stops at 42.8% and stops the installation.

I have also done a reset on my Xbox and it still won’t download, every time I go into the game, cause it says needs an update and I do the same process but just keeps stopping the installation at 42.8%

I have tried on both my Xbox x series and Xbox one.

If I go to Microsoft store it play game cause I have it.

I have the disc of skylanders imaginators.

Need further assistance with this issue, thanks Darhyl
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game needs update but won’t update.

I appreciate the response and you're welcome!

For us to isolate the issue further, try to check your other disc games to see if it works.

Kindly try these next steps:

1. Take your console offline and install the game:

Take your console offline, cancel the download, and then power cycle the console. After you successfully install the game, go online and let the update download.

Step 1: Use your console offline

Follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Go offline.

Step 2: Cancel the download

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then select My Games & apps > See All.
    Select Manage > Queue.
    Highlight the game you’re trying to install and press the Menu button  on the controller.
    Select Cancel.

Step 3: Eject the game disc and power cycle the console

Eject the game disc.
    Press and hold the Xbox button  to open the Power Center.
    Select Restart console.
    Select Restart.

Note: If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button  on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button  on the console again to restart.

Step 4: Install the game.

After the console restarts, insert the disc. Follow the steps to install the game.

Note: Make sure you do this before you reconnect to the internet.

Step 5: Go online and let the game update install.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    Select Go Online.

If it doesn't work, ensure the disc is clean and not defective
    Clean the disc with a soft, clean, slightly damp cloth. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface.

You may also check these links for reference:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...s-at-zero-when-installing-xbox-game-from-disc

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...roubleshoot-problems-playing-disc-on-xbox-one

I hope this information helps!

Best regards,
    Darhyl
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Derion! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Skylanders Imaginators. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

I just want to clarify, when you mentioned that you can view the game from the Microsoft store on your disc, do you mean your Skylanders Imaginators is a disc game, is that right?

Kindly try to perform the following workarounds:

1. Clear local saved data and resync with the cloud:

> Go to settings on your Xbox

> Select system

> Select storage

> Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

2. In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note: The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause you to lose your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

You may also check this link for reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1c4d0dcf-73cc-4306-aa84-41bcd345510b

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. Internet Expert Win User

skylanders

The full list of Skylanders games released for Xbox One is as follows:

- Skylanders: Swap Force (2013)

- Skylanders: Trap Team (2014)

- Skylanders: SuperChargers (2015)

- Skylanders: Imaginators (2016)

The other two, "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (2011)" and "Skylanders: Giants (2012)" are only for the Xbox 360, and they are not backward compatible with the Xbox One. (there are no plans as far as I know)
  6. ColdestSpy60939 Win User

skylanders

The full list of Skylanders games released for Xbox One is as follows:

- Skylanders: Swap Force (2013)

- Skylanders: Trap Team (2014)

- Skylanders: SuperChargers (2015)

- Skylanders: Imaginators (2016)

The other two, "Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (2011)" and "Skylanders: Giants (2012)" are only for the Xbox 360, and they are not backward compatible with the Xbox One. (there are no plans as far as I know)
    Thanks. Now, I just need to understand what I need to get, my son is playing the spyro's adventure at his after-school club and asked me if he could get something for our one S...
Thema:

Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game...

1. Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game... - Similar Threads - Why skylanders imaginators

2. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  3. Why won't my security protocol work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my security protocol work?: It says my security protocol won't work, but it's the wpa 2/3 wich is on the list of supported protocols 5efb434f-7dc8-4a25-ac46-df81d5803038
  4. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why wont my HDMI Cable work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my HDMI Cable work: I was playing while I was at my friends house and I unplugged the hdmi cord to move it back into his room then it just stopped working every time I plug my hdmi cord into the tv and my xbox it...
  7. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  8. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  9. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  10. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...