Why my Dead by Daylight crash on PC only when I play from the Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Why my Dead by Daylight crash on PC only when I play from the Microsoft Store? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I play Dead by Daylight, the game keep crashing after few minutes without any error message. It happens only when I play DBD. My drivers are up to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Laky Barnabas, Aug 26, 2023.

1. Why my Dead by Daylight crash on PC only when I play from the Microsoft Store?

When I play Dead by Daylight, the game keep crashing after few minutes without any error message. It happens only when I play DBD. My drivers are up to date and I reinstall the windows and it did not help. I contacted Behaviour support and after a lengthy troubleshooting process, They told me to contact Xbox support.

:)

Laky Barnabas, Aug 26, 2023
  2. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Laky how are you?

My name is Ezequiel I'm an Independent Consultant.

Maybe your game keeps crashing due to your computer.

Maybe the game can be running with too many apps at the same time, I suggest you disable tasks that you are not using.

To do this is very simple, just go to the start bar of your computer and search for task manager and press enter.

Then go to start option.

This option has all the applications that start when you turn on your computer, if you want to disable some of them, just right-click your mouse and click on the disable option.

After that restart your computer and you will see that your computer will be a little faster, see if your game keeps crashing after that.

If your issue is not resolved, you may need to play at a lower resolution.
  3. Marcos rodrigues1 Win User

You still having this problem? I tried a lot of stuffs to solve this butt the game still just crashing when try to play from windows store.
  4. Laky Barnabas Win User

Hello Ezequiel,

Thanks for the question, I'm fine.

I don't think my computer is the problem. I tried the clean boot that the Behaviour Support suggested, but it didn't help.

My computer is powerful enough for this game. Here are some specifications:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: Aorus Rx 5700XT

RAM: Kingston Fury 2x8GB 3200MHz

Motherboard: B550M Aorus Elite

Storage: Samsung 980 1TB

I've tried it on both Windows 10 and 11, and I'm experiencing the same crash. However, when I tried the game on Steam, it didn't crash. I really want the game to work since I've played a lot and spent a significant amount on my Xbox account.

Thank you for trying to help!
  5. - AJ - Win User

I bought a lot of characters on the console in dead by daylight, but I can't play these characters when I switch to my computer, it tells me to buy them again, can you help me?

Hi, Shady_403 Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your characters on PC.

Unfortunately, Dead by Daylight is not part of the "Play Anywhere" program and as such, it requires separate purchases for each gaming platform. This means that the base game and any DLC content purchased on console won't work on PC (and vice versa).

I'm afraid this is the reason why you don't see your characters in the PC version of the game.

-------

For your reference:

Dead By Daylight for Xbox consoles - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight/C0N22P73QZ60/0001

Dead By Daylight for Windows - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight-windows/9NMS4SFNBGBH/0010

Taking this Chucky DLC as an example - https://www.xbox.com/games/store/dead-by-daylight-chucky-chapter/9NXB9P4X3RP0/0010

If you look at the "Playable On" section, it mentions it can only be used on Xbox Consoles.

-------

As a fellow gamer, I understand this is probably not the answer you were hoping for. I'm sorry, Shady_403.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  6. EsatTEMEL Win User

Xbox - Microsoft Store | Dead By Daylight Nvidia Problem

Nvidia said :
    "

This has reference to being unable to use NVIDIA filters in Dead by Daylight from the GeForce Experience issue reported. Your case has been assigned to me to process further.

Dead by Daylight Microsoft Store (Xbox) version game filter is not supported in GeForce Experience. Only the steam version of Dead by Daylight game filters works in GeForce Experience."
Thema:

1. Why my Dead by Daylight crash on PC only when I play from the Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - Why Dead Daylight

2. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  3. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  4. Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption (digital) is unlaunchable and I’m not sure why: The digital version of Read Dead Redemption 1 that I purchased years ago is now listed in the store only in Japanese and is also unavailable in the store. I know it’s the one I bought because I...
  5. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  6. Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticky sticks if my dead zone is set to max?: Why does my controller still have stick drift or sticks sticks if my dead zone is set to max? This is something that is recent and has not happen over time. When I go forward on the left stick it...
  7. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  8. So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So why am I purchasing the full game Dead By daylight if I can't even play it because I...: Just like tell me why I need game pass ultimate to play my favorite game even though I have been playing your games through game pass for a while so instead I got The Game bought the folder and...
  9. Why can't I play Dead By Daylight?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play Dead By Daylight?: On my xbox account I have purchased Dead By Daylight. Its been working fine for months even on separate xboxs I've put my account on but all of a sudden whenever I try to go on dead by daylight it...
  10. Why does it keep disconnecting me before I can get into a game on dead by daylight...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it keep disconnecting me before I can get into a game on dead by daylight...: So, this issue has been a thing ever since one of the updates came out a while back, previously I could play normally with no issue, after the update It was impossible for me to load into games,...