Why must play game from internal instead of external

Discus and support Why must play game from internal instead of external in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bob Tocobell, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Bob Tocobell
    Bob Tocobell Guest

I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a shame I hope you guys fix this in the future.

:)

Bob Tocobell, Feb 16, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

Basically a regular external hard drive is not fast enough to run the games properly. If you do need external storage, you would need one of he expansion cards created for the console.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a shame I hope you guys fix this in the future.
    Its because external HDD's are simply rediculously slow compared to the internal ssd and the games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the extra speed of the internal ssd.
  4. Rowdy J Win User

Last update completely reset my xbox

I'm just reinstalling my stuff overnight. Didn't have THAT much on the internal drive. That's why externals are a must have if you have a ton of games/data. Sure glad I had most of my stuff on that drive instead of the internal!
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Games automatically deleted from external drive

Why are you copying the game over instead of moving it to the external drive? That way you don't have to delete it after you moved it.

And maybe you accidentally already moved it, and deleted it from the external drive when it was already moved (deleted) from the internal drive.
  6. J.P. Voodoo Win User

Several games optimized for Xbox series X won't launch properly.

Hi,

are they installed on internal HDD?

If not - Optimized games must be on internal drive, games for Xbox One can be run from external HDD.
Thema:

1. Why must play game from internal instead of external - Similar Threads - Why must play

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  6. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  7. Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?: If I paid any other service $30/mth I would expect immediate access to the stuff I've paid for. However, this game StarField has destroyed the customer experience for me. Not only is it buggy and...
  8. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  9. Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...: Why, with a paid subscription, do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my purchase AFTER I see the entire ad? Grrrrr.... This happens daily now. I don't want ads for other apps...
  10. Why must I remove a device to install a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why must I remove a device to install a game?: I wanted to download a new game and it keeps coming up with and error. It says I have 10 devices that already have apps & games installed on them and I need to remove one, but when I check I only...