Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?

Discus and support Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I paid any other service $30/mth I would expect immediate access to the stuff I've paid for. However, this game StarField has destroyed the customer... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aim eYacht, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Aim eYacht
    Aim eYacht Guest

Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?

If I paid any other service $30/mth I would expect immediate access to the stuff I've paid for. However, this game StarField has destroyed the customer experience for me. Not only is it buggy and crash in the middle of a save operation (10 times so far), which has caused me to lose hours of work up to this point. When I try to log back in that crashes too. What a terrible way to try to save money.

To add insult to injury, once the game crashes the wait timer starts over. This is just an obvious implementation of selective crashing. First the game starts to slow down when changing areas, then I know that it's about to crash so I go try to save quickly and it crashes during the save which causes me to lose whatever I was doing.

I don't care if it's a shared service, that's why I paid money to use it, If it were free and there was a wait time, I could understand. But it's like paying rent but the landlord decides when you can go in your house. I already paid, if you can't support everyone either allocate more resources and take a pay cut or make it free and keep it the way it is.

There's a 5 minute idle timer, if I need to use the bathroom, I better save before I go, because if I take too long, Microsoft cuts the connection after 5 minutes. For a damned paid service! Increase the timer to 30 minutes. It's frustrating enough to sell the Xbox and leave the insiders program, just to play it on a computer instead. At least I'll have access to mods.

Speaking of which, where the hell are the mods? I remember Xbox was all proud that they were going to offer mods on the Xbox. This is a clear attack against the consumers, constantly promising things and falling short. Once could be understood, but this is a serious issue. There's are many things in games that must be solved with mods in order to make the game work smoothly, but because we can't get mods on the Xbox, we are degraded and have to put up with all of these frustrations.

I'll be asking for a refund for this month and I suggest everyone call in and do the same. It'll be really difficult to allocate resources then.

Unacceptable Microsoft!

Fix it.

:)

Aim eYacht, Oct 6, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Mods are coming in 2024

The service is currently in beta, and uptime is not guaranteeed

It is currently a perk of Xbox GP Ultimate, which is what you're paying for. Online play and 2 game libraries and EA Access

Bugs will continue to be fixed with patches, and the game on your cloud servers cannot be modded externally, like all Xbox games

I suggest you purchase a Series console or PC if uptime and access is important to you. The only fix for the wait times is less users or more machines, which don't just appear. They take many months to produce, install and configure. these situations are exactly why the service is still in beta, and why for example,access is restricted to the primary account holder.
  3. Tatakai no Kami Win User

I think the surprise hit of the year will be....

[quote user="PlatinumSpectre"]

To be fair PC Gamer gave Dragon Age 2 a 92/100 and called it the best RPG ever.

[/quote]Obviously they got paid a large sum of money to say that. It must have been a very large sum. Scrooge McDuck money bin size.
  4. BlazedWithPower Win User

multiplayer splitscreen???

I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that it doesn't. A very large sum of money.
  5. Eggnogga Win User

Xbox & Xbox Live Just Keep Getting Better!

[quote user="Crof2003"]

So again, I love the experience from the console, I just hate that I'm continually paying a large sum of money for access to that experience (although I thank Microsoft heartily for the family plan).

[/quote]You can usually find deals on Gold throughout the year for roughly 35 bucks/year. If you consider that a "large sum of money," you should possibly rethink your budget and drop video games altogether.
  6. Eggnogga Win User

Xbox & Xbox Live Just Keep Getting Better!

^^ You are "arguing" the value and/or worth of the service. I wasn't referring to that, but rather, Mr Crof's monetary situation by describing ~35 bucks as a "large sum of money."
Thema:

1. Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month? - Similar Threads - Why must wait

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  6. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  7. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  8. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  9. Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...: Why, with a paid subscription, do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my purchase AFTER I see the entire ad? Grrrrr.... This happens daily now. I don't want ads for other apps...
  10. Why must I remove a device to install a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why must I remove a device to install a game?: I wanted to download a new game and it keeps coming up with and error. It says I have 10 devices that already have apps & games installed on them and I need to remove one, but when I check I only...