Why must I remove a device to install a game?

Discus and support Why must I remove a device to install a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to download a new game and it keeps coming up with and error. It says I have 10 devices that already have apps & games installed on them and I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LewisJW, May 19, 2023.

1. LewisJW
    LewisJW Guest

I wanted to download a new game and it keeps coming up with and error. It says I have 10 devices that already have apps & games installed on them and I need to remove one, but when I check I only have 3 devices. I have been able to download other things easily very recently, so confused why is suddenly isn't working. I have also remove a couple of devices but it still doesn't work.

:)

LewisJW, May 19, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Lewisjw, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you ready to assist with this

But before that please check if your system and all the apps are up to date.
    You can check for windows updates via PC Settings > Update & Security > Windows update
    And you can check for app updates opening the Microsoft store

If all your system is up to date, please try this in your PC:

1. Sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store
    2. Reset the Microsoft store cache using the wreset.exe command

You can follow detailed instructions here
    https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/m...

3. Try now to sign in with your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store
    4. Finally open the Microsoft store and see if you can install something
  3. Windyrunner Win User

Cant buy Xbox 360 game on Xbox one?

No it must be on that device.

It isnt like like they had removed the option to install 360 games on xbox one?

I can buy it with a digital code from a internet store, for 3x the price, just affraid it wont work. Do the one x read 360 cds if i buy it on cd?
  4. Rostom L Win User

Minecraft Java doesn't load when "play offline" pressed when not on Wi-Fi

Thanks for trying. That must be the reason why you cannot play the game offline. Just to be sure, you're able to play the game just fine when you're online, right?

Try to check your account through https://account.microsoft.com > Devices if you can see multiple devices you do not use. Remove those devices that you no longer use or own.
  5. RstredS Win User

Stuck on loading screen

thanks for the reply.

The disk is fine, has never been removed from the Xbox since install.

I just tried a new profile and the game does go into story mode! There must be something wrong with my profile/game data. I’ve deleted all data from the device but this hasn’t helped.

Any other ideas?
  6. MateusFontana Win User

I am unable to install a game I purchased in the Microsoft Store online, please help

The Xbox app must be installed on your mobile device, you don't need a game pass.
Thema:

1. Why must I remove a device to install a game? - Similar Threads - Why must remove

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I get sign in status has changed or you must be signed into Xbox Live While I am...: Why do I get sign-in status has changed or you must be signed in to Xbox Live While I am playing a game 9be15736-d615-41de-b546-eca9f54c24a9
  5. Why must play game from internal instead of external

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must play game from internal instead of external: I was really getting annoyed by the fact that I had to move my games back and forth for no reason intill I called and got the answer that you have to play from internal not external which is a...
  6. Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play left 4 dead 2 ? It keeps saying “ you must be signed in to a gamer profile...: I’ve done power cycle my Xbox one , redownloaded my profile. It’s done this before but I didn’t even know how to fix it then , it just started working again after I gave up . If anyone knows...
  7. Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why must i keep switching my audio settings every time I switch audio codes?: If you want the best in sound that it's usually best to have the headphone app be whatever headphone app corresponds to the audio code language of the Blu-ray disc or Web movie or game you're...
  8. Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why must I wait for a service that I'm paying large sums of money to every month?: If I paid any other service $30/mth I would expect immediate access to the stuff I've paid for. However, this game StarField has destroyed the customer experience for me. Not only is it buggy and...
  9. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!: I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices...
  10. Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why with a paid subscription do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my...: Why, with a paid subscription, do I continue to see ads for other games and must reset my purchase AFTER I see the entire ad? Grrrrr.... This happens daily now. I don't want ads for other apps...