Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?

Discus and support Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've been trying to access my brothers gamepass, but for some reason, every time I try logging in, the pin doesn't seem to work. I've tried all of the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by William Naylor1, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account?

I've been trying to access my brothers gamepass, but for some reason, every time I try logging in, the pin doesn't seem to work. I've tried all of the pins he could think of, and nothing worked. We even tried changing his pin to something else, which obviously also didn't work. I've restarted my computer a few times, restarted the Xbox app every time it didn't work, all the stuffs.

What's the deal and why can I use my brothers account?

:)

William Naylor1, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Cliff A. Win User

Hi William Naylor1

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Cliff A. Win User

Hi William Naylor1

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with your brothers PIN unable to sign in. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options and troubleshooting's that we can provide for you.

To get started, I'd like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem that you're facing:

• May I know what kind of PIN is it asking. Is it a Windows PIN or Password prompt while signing in to the Xbox App?
    • Are you using an Xbox Console or Windows PC when signing in your brothers account?

We are just trying to ask these questions for us to see and isolate on this further in regards with your issue so that we can dig deep on what the main issue in regards on the PIN is that you are referring too.

If possible, you can insert a screenshot or photo here in regards with your issue and send that screenshot or photo when opening the Xbox App on your PC so that we can see and check if what kind of PIN is this referring too.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. GBillR Win User

Game Pass PC share with family members

I was trying to do that.

I sign in to PC with his account and tried to open MSStore/Xbox launcher with my credentials. It asked for password than for PIN. PIN was not recognized [I am sure this is correct PIN]
    Try using your Son's pin at that screen... I know, you're going to tell me it is your email that is shown... how could his pin work in that dialog box??

Don't ask me how/why, but it should. That is what I had to do to add MY store account to my kids login.
  5. - AJ - Win User

How do I sign in with a pin if it never asked me to make it?.

Hi, Tara! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues signing in.

Could you try using the wrong pin three times in a row? this should make the pin default to your Microsoft Account password and allow you to sign in.

Once you do this, go Settings > Account > Sign-in, security and PIN > Delete my PIN

Please let me know if this works.
    Best regards.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Unable to log into Xbox App on PC

Edit: I'm using my brother's computer with his account tied as the only account to the PC. Does that have anything to do with it?
    Warning! If you are using the Xbox app on your brother's PC and his account, you will redeem the subscription on his account!!!

What you have to do is, go to the user account settings of your brother's PC, and add your own account to the device's family users.

Then sign out of your brother's account and sign in with your own account.

Launch the Xbox App there and you should be signed in with your own account on the Xbox App.

Now you should be able to use it normally without any PIN shenanigans.
Thema:

1. Why isn't my brothers pin working when I'm trying to sign into his account? - Similar Threads - Why isn't brothers

2. Why isn't cloud gaming working on mobile data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't cloud gaming working on mobile data?: I have an android and an xbox series X. I'm trying to launch remote play and before I can even select a game it says it found my console but can't connect. It suggests to connect via my home wifi...
  3. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  4. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  5. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  6. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  7. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  8. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  9. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  10. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...