Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?

Discus and support Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been playing in Dolby Vision 120hz for a while now with no issues at all. Today I was playing starfield and turned the console off. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Charles van Spaendonck, Sep 6, 2023.

1. Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore?

I have been playing in Dolby Vision 120hz for a while now with no issues at all. Today I was playing starfield and turned the console off. When I turned it back on all games playing at 120hz Dolby Vision gave a distorted image. When I turned Dolby Vision off initially starfield would run but in sdr. When switching between 120 and 60 and back it would again run on hdr but not Dolby Vision. But then after going back into the menu it wouldn't. Hdr game calibration just gave a black screen. I tried connecting to TV directly and tried different cables. But nothing seems to fix it.

:)

Charles van Spaendonck, Sep 6, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Charles van Spaendonck

Good Day!

Thank you for getting back to us and updating us about contacting the Xbox live support. I am hoping that everything will be settle and taking care of. Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Charles van Spaendon Win User

Yes I agree. I have contacted them. They would escalate the case in the hope they will help me as my warranty has expired by 1,5 month. Which is really close to the expiration date so I hope they'll grant me a free repair/replacement.
  4. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Charles van Spaendonck

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems like you are having an issues with Dolby Vision on your Xbox. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

Based on the information you've provided, it seems like there may be a hardware issue with your console. Since you've already tried different cables and a factory reset, it's best to contact Xbox support for further assistance.

They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you with a repair or replacement if necessary.

Click here: Contact us | Xbox Support

Hope you understand.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Charles van Spaendon Win User

Sadly it's a hardware defect and even though being just a few months out of warranty they could not help me.
  6. trippy039 Win User

Dolby Vision doesn’t work anymore

Hi there Trippy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. When I have problems with DV I do the following:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass. If you're using an original Xbox One (as opposed to an Xbox One S or One X), watch for a small white light to appear on the Xbox One's power brick (the rectangular part of the power cord). Once the white light turns orange, you can turn your Xbox One back on. If you're using an Xbox One S or One X, just wait out the minute and turn it on afterwards.

If that doesn't work try something stronger!

The first step in resetting an Xbox is to open the main menu. This can be accomplished in one of two ways:

Press the home button on your Xbox controller. This is the illuminated button with a stylized X that is centrally located on the front of the controller near the top.
    Alternately, you can press the left bumper until you reach the home tab, and then press left on the d-pad.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach the gear icon.

Press the A button to select the gear icon.

With all settings highlighted, press the A button again to open the settings menu.

Press down on the d-pad until you reach System.

Press the A button to open the ​System submenu.

With console info highlighted, press the A button again.

Press down on the d-pad to select reset console.

Press the A button to select this option and move to the final step.

Press left on the d-pad to select Reset and keep my games & apps. Then press the A button. This is the less thorough of the two options, as it only resets the Xbox firmware and settings without touching your games and apps. Try this first, as it allows you to avoid downloading everything all over again.

YOU WILL NEED YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD
    Hi Christopher,

I tried those steps but unfortunately it didn’t work…I also did a complete reset of my console, which also didn’t help…

I’m getting quite frustrated because I’ve been struggling with this for a while now…I hope someone on here can help.
Thema:

1. Why isn't Dolby Vision working anymore? - Similar Threads - Why isn't Dolby

2. Why isn't cloud gaming working on mobile data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't cloud gaming working on mobile data?: I have an android and an xbox series X. I'm trying to launch remote play and before I can even select a game it says it found my console but can't connect. It suggests to connect via my home wifi...
  3. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  4. Why isn't my mic working

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my mic working: Every time I plug in my headset (ozeino) my headset volume lights up but the chat mixer doesn't and the audio goes through the TV. I fight with it every time and after about 2 minutes it finally...
  5. I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought a gift card with reward points on Xbox. Why would I get a code that isn't for Xbox.: I bought a gift card with my reward points League of Legends Gift Card-575 and it is usually sent to Xbox chat. I always set for goal in reward points for DC Universe Online League of Legends they...
  6. Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my XBOX 360 Kinect sensor show the rest of my body?: Only my head and arms are recognized, I think it's broken. Is there anything that you could recommend? 5d5e479b-7f16-4c03-89de-90fa1bbb030a
  7. Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isn't palworld multiplayer not working: Every time I try to switch to multiplayer it switches to off 0ee19075-e2df-4dd4-b4ed-37d37edc584f
  8. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  9. Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used...: Why can't I add my visa debit card. It says the info isn't correct even though I have used the card several times. I have put the card in 20 times with no luck 56ebb309-3f32-4b18-8ac5-c034cf66332d
  10. Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't my assassin's creed Valhalla letting me play it goes to the main screen and then...: I have installed the game and It goes to the main screen of the game as soon as I press a it acts like it's going to load and then Kix me back to the dashboard I have tried all of the basic things...