Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold

Discus and support Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WiggleMan84, Dec 22, 2023.

1. WiggleMan84
    WiggleMan84 Guest

I own dungeon siege 3 from gfg Nov 2015 decided to go back to it and clear it. However it said there was an error and I uninstalled it. Now I can't install unless I purchase it

:)

WiggleMan84, Dec 22, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi WiggleMan84, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

This appears to be an issue affecting several users and appears to be a popular emerging issue. I recommend that you help Xbox by reporting the problem through the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

Click the green button that says "Report" and fill out the information as detailed as possible.

This way, Xbox can know what's going on with game purchases and work to resolve it as soon as possible.

Please note that in this public forum we are only players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

I appreciate your understanding and we hope the issue is resolved soon.
    Jhon
  3. SPWING WOLL Win User

Why can’t i play call of duty mw3.

Hi I own mw3 2023 on disc and have gold through ultimate game pass why is it I follow everything to the letter but still tell me I don't own the game when it is sitting in my console... so I Uninstall the mw3 main app and try again my xbox reads the disc but nothing not even a this game is installing notification but I take that disc out and put In another it instantly reads it and tells me it's installing its just frustrating
  4. SPWING WOLL Win User

Why can’t i play call of duty mw3.

Hi I own mw3 2023 on disc and have gold through ultimate game pass why is it I follow everything to the letter but still tell me I don't own the game when it is sitting in my console... so I Uninstall the mw3 main app and try again my xbox reads the disc but nothing not even a this game is installing notification but I take that disc out and put In another it instantly reads it and tells me it's installing its just frustrating
  5. Metrius MD Win User

I didn't get the mixPot reward

That would indicate you already own Goat Simulator. If you had already purchased the game, or redeemed through Games with Gold, you would not receive the game digitally through the MixPot.

Hope this helps clear up the issue!
    it tells me on the the goat simulator page you can play this now or buy it to own so I don't have it :(
  6. Francia J. Win User

Why is it telling me to buy an add on that I own?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Are you pertaining to Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary add-on? If yes, we need to locate the game order, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and then check if you can see the transaction stated as "completed".

Also, the Borderlands: The Handsome Collection it does not include the add-on "Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary", it can be purchased separately.
Thema:

1. Why is Xbox telling me to buy a game I own through games for gold - Similar Threads - Why telling buy

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  4. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me: K why I got a 3 day social suspensetion does every1 got it or its just me what did I do wrong I'm on Xbox series x I didn't do nothing wrong I swear pls Xbox tell me every1 has this cuz all...
  8. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  9. Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?: One hacker by the name of [mod removed] reset my ranking from Level 29 to Level 1 and now every single loadout is flushed down the drain. I am really sick of seeing these people on XBL and that I...
  10. Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...: I bought Minecraft java edition for Windows 10 a while ago. I stopped playing for a few months and when I came back, the main screen told me to buy Minecraft java edition again. I have migrated my...