Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!?

Discus and support Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LowerTheRate, Mar 30, 2024.

1. LowerTheRate
    LowerTheRate Guest

I just brought a new series x, and have been taking captures the last 5 days. Ive capture over 300 videos and screenshots but I only see 77. I have looked everywhere. why are my videos after 24 hours not showing up? it hasn't even been 7 days and you claim that they delete after 90. I don't have them automatically uploading to one drive. Yes I have the space required to hold them.

:)

LowerTheRate, Mar 30, 2024
  2. BenFenner Win User

Game captures are terrible.

Xbox series x. There is so much documentation about this issue, no-one has a solution (apart from streaming on twitch, saving the vod and then editing the video). Compared with my xbox one captures, taken well over a year ago, they are awful, choppy, stuttering messes. This is not a problem on my end, this is a problem with the xbox series x capture system. The fact captures are STILL terrible is a joke, given the series x was released over 18 months ago.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

My captures are gone. Save really should mean save.

After 90 days, captures are deleted from the Xbox network. It actually states this on the captures app. In the future, if you have a screenshot or video capture you want to keep, it is always a good idea to make a backup of them asap.
  4. sirbenski Win User

Xbox One X recording stops

Hi,

I thought about that too and deleted all captures (photos and videos) on my Xbox One X. It did not solve the problem.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Can you record clips and take screenshots on an Xbox 360 console without a capture card?

Hi,

No sorry, it's not possible. Only the Xbox One and Series X|S can capture pictures and videos directly via the console.
  6. TenBensons Win User

Xbox auto deleting captures (UNSOLVED) Title will be updated when solved

I have had screenshots and video (which is laggy/stuttering) deleted off of my Series X internal drive as well as on Xbox live. It’s utterly broken and appalling that a software company has messed up the software on their flagship console so badly and have yet to rectify the issue for over 9 months.

It auto deletes. Why though - it’s my drive and my content, I gave no permission to delete my content.

Why can I not transfer my captures from internal to external?

Why can I not upload to Xbox live if using an external drive?

60 measly seconds for 4K, 1 paltry minute for 1080p, three meager & blurry minutes for 720p. It’s laughable. My PS4 allowed me to record an hour of PREVIOUSLY played footage. Perfect for capturing long sweaty sessions in R6 or Hunt:Showdown, not the rubbish ‘record from now’ you get with an external drive.

All clips are dull, soulless garbage anyway due to the lack of party chat sucking all the human element and nuance. Again something the competition we’re doing on inferior hardware years ago.

No basic video editor to patch clips and screens together and make semi-pro content. Again something the PS4 has been doing for years with Share Factory. What on earth are MS playing at? Do they seriously expect me to be uploading dozens of 3 minute videos to YouTube in 720p every time I have a good game/match?

No ability to rotate or crop screenshots. In 2021!

I’ve enjoyed my Series X immensely, but the capture and DVR problems and just general lack of options really, really sours the experience for me, especially as I’m coming from older hardware that is far more capable in this regard.
Thema:

1. Why is xbox series x deleting my captured videos after 1 day!? - Similar Threads - Why series deleting

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  8. Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x

in XBoX on Windows
    Why were all my Xbox one captured deleted when I switched to a series x: Okay so this was a long time ago(Christmas 2020) but i had gotten the Xbox series x and when I went to switch over to it all was fine until I went onto my Xbox one and ALL of my clips and captures...
  9. Why are captures auto deleted from an external drive on the Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Windows
    Why are captures auto deleted from an external drive on the Xbox Series X: I captured a 55 minute clip onto my external hard drive yesterday. After that I went off and when I powered my console back on today the clip was gone. I didn't delete it and I watched it...
  10. Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t my Xbox series X or Xbox one delete games from my external hard drive?: My Xbox series X and my Xbox one will not delete games from my Seagate external hard drive. When I select the games to be deleted, nothing happens. The loading circle just goes on and on. Also,...