Why is Xbox One so....?

Discus and support Why is Xbox One so....? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The original Xbox 360 interface was like tabs. Semi-see though tabs like a file cabinet. Personally, that was my favourite. To be fair though a lot has... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J.R.G., Apr 4, 2014.

  1. Why is Xbox One so....?


    The original Xbox 360 interface was like tabs. Semi-see though tabs like a file cabinet. Personally, that was my favourite. To be fair though a lot has changed and it doesn't seem practical any more.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Apr 5, 2014
    #31
  2. I cant remember that far back and I 'think' that was before my time on the Xbox. Wasn't that called blades fatal bud?
     
    Mark Sherwood, Apr 5, 2014
    #32
  3. Hmm, might have been actually. It was just sort of...there. I got my Xbox 360 in winter 2006 so it could have changed by that point.
     
    Fatalshock8912, Apr 5, 2014
    #33
  4. Why is Xbox One so....?

    Ah, I remember the Xbox blades from the early days of the Xbox 360 - they were so cool! From an artistic and aesthetic standpoint, I think it was the coolest design thus far. Convenient though? Not necessarily enough hence why it's changed so much over the
    years.
     
    Galactic Geek, Apr 5, 2014
    #34
  5. It was indeed called Blades. In fact anytime you hit the guide button on your 360, what pops up is, in essence, a miniature version of the original 360 UI with a few tweaks.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Apr 5, 2014
    #35
  6. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    Xbox 360 Original Dashboard HD

     
    Lofty Who, Apr 5, 2014
    #36
  7. kingvas78
    kingvas78 Guest
    I forgot how boring the original dashboard was.....
     
    kingvas78, Apr 5, 2014
    #37
  8. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    I quite liked the blades, I remember that the metal effect was rather good, and some of themes were excellent, good times were had with PGR 3 twenty minutes after midnight when it launched.
     
    eviltedi, Apr 5, 2014
    #38
  9. @ Messiah

    It sold 3 million at launch during the holiday season.

    We now in 2014 the 4th month and the X BOne has no where sold near that amount, so when you say the XBOne is selling well I presume you referring to last year ?

    Past tense it sold well last year it isn't now, so much in fact that MS is still to reveal sales figures for 2014!

    So you can go from game to Netflix with voice, I can use a TV remote to navigate PS3 menu also can go into Netflix with one press of a button, another press of the button to play any film of my choice.

    My tablet can voice search most websites on the internet, something the XBOne is yet to do I believe.

    Apple bought voice activation to the market, Microsoft copied!

    Samsung bought Skype integrated cameras in their smart range of TVs, once again MS copied!

    As of yet I'm still waiting for MS to bring something new with the X BOne, I'm still waiting for a original game concept from MS!

    Do I hate the One = No, but it's hardly a must buy, maybe in 5 years MS may get their act together and actually impress me.
     
    WildChameleon, Apr 5, 2014
    #39
  10. I quite liked the blades, I remember that the metal effect was rather good, and some of themes were excellent, good times were had with PGR 3 twenty minutes after midnight when it launched.

    I always ended up using the "Dew" theme, combined with the Graphite (or maybe it was glass?) effect... don't know why, I just liked it.
     
    A Blue Illusion, Apr 5, 2014
    #40
  11. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    @ A Blue Illusion, I think it was glass, certain effects on the blades looked better with different themes, good old days lol.
     
    eviltedi, Apr 5, 2014
    #41
  12. Oh yeah, I forgot about the blade themes! Do you guys remember the wooden one? I always liked that one... Why is Xbox One so....? :)
     
    Galactic Geek, Oct 31, 2018
    #42
  13. Galactic Geek Win User

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    Oh yeah, I forgot about the blade themes! Do you guys remember the wooden one? I always liked that one... :)
  14. Lofty Who Win User

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    Xbox 360 Original Dashboard HD

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZYhri2tsM4
  15. MessiahBrowny Win User

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    Wild seems to know nothing.

    XB1 failing how exactly when its selling extremely well.
  16. Lofty Who Win User

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    @ Wild ..

    "Well Lofty tried the One and Forza 5 in a shop and played For za on the 360 etc. The X Bone hardly screamed buy me and I don't want to be a lab rat to prove a point.

    If MS want to sell more X BOne's then they need to try harder!" ...

    That's your opinion and your entitled to it, remember though everyone is different.

    I for example had a PS4 for a while, in the end I sold it on, does this automatically make it a bad console? of course not.

    For me personally I couldn't get on with the controller, I don't like Sony's Network, exclusives that I got the PS4 for ( Drive Club for example ) seem to be getting pushed back and back.

    So I much prefer the Xbox One, does this automatically mean it's better than the PS4, for "me" yes, for other's no, we are all different.

    You mention "If MS want to sell more consoles they need to try harder" ... As I just said in another thread, people keep on about PS4 being the "Supreme" console ( from having one myself, it isn't, just my opinion again ) and that's why it's selling so
    much better, I say the reason it's selling better is 1: The price difference, Xbox One was always going to struggle here and 2: Microsoft have yet to release it in more countries/regions.

    Forza 5. Once again, everyone has their own opinion! My stats say I'm coming up to 120 hours play time on it, that tells you how much I like it, again you don't like it, I'm sure there will be a future game that you love and I dislike, will that stop you
    enjoying it any less? of course not ;-)
  17. WildChameleon Win User

    Why is Xbox One so....?

    Oh it's just not about the X BOne as MS need to keep the 360 very much alive so expect announcements at E3. MS need revenue to keep the X Box brand alive!
Thema:

Why is Xbox One so....?

Loading...
  1. Why is Xbox One so....? - Similar Threads - Why

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...