Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld...

Discus and support Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; [img] Hello Microsoft Users. Today i would like to speak of this topic that has become a sensitive topic for me to talk about. Why Should Xbox Console... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Chrisimperative, Aug 23, 2023.

1. Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld...

Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld... [​IMG]
    Hello Microsoft Users. Today i would like to speak of this topic that has become a sensitive topic for me to talk about. Why Should Xbox Console Companion not go out of service? I will mention what I believe is the contributing reason to its use decreasing and my beliefs for what may bring back its activity. First off, I would like to speak about what I believe contributed to Xbox Console Companions state of discontinuation. I believe that with the newer versions of Xbox Console Companion, there has been a significant decrease in activity among users. My reasoning to believe this statement lies within a very specific update to the app, leaving out the option to create or search for looking for group posts. I am aware that the compatibility has been migrated to the Xbox Game Bar, however it lacks one feature that keeps users such as myself from using it. The ability to create and search posts across platforms. This feature was beneficial for many users because it allowed the community to connect across platforms for games that had such capabilities. Severing that connection led to the lack of use for the Xbox Console Companion app with those who have updated their app, and overall supporting my beliefs that this is the leading cause of its extinction. I understand that there are also reasons that the type of usage has been severed such as bots made for marketing purposes creating posts with malicious intent, but that does not apply to the majority of users of Xbox Console Companion.

Next, I will speak of what I believe is beneficial to the revival of Xbox Console Companion. Bringing back the feature of Creating and Searching Looking for Group Posts across platforms. I believe that this would contribute to its usage because it not only brings back a missing feature that was frequently used, but also give it an sense of uniqueness among other apps. If the Service of the Xbox Console Companion is not worth the monetary value it brings in, i believe that this feature should be implemented into the Xbox Game Bar, as it is the main reason users such as myself had such a struggle connecting and bringing the community together.

Lastly, i would like to mention a few notes. This missing feature is what brings me to write this discussion and gives me hope that someone on the Microsoft staff will view this article and take what is written into it with consideration. This Question was not written with any intent on making any offensive statements to Microsoft, or infringing on any of their terms. My honest hope with writing this article is to get it noticed, and to get an action in place to help our community come together across platforms. I have enjoyed connecting with others across platforms and have made some incredible friendships across them. I thank you all for reading my question this morning and spreads the article in hopes that there is more awareness of the delights that Xbox Console Companion featured, or specifically, this feature itself as i am sure there was more pleasantries throughout the app for others. That is the end of my question, and I sincerely hope all of you have a great rest of your day, Thank you.

-

:)

Chrisimperative, Aug 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

XBOX console companion "Achievment unlocked" notification

The Xbox console companion has been discontinued, and that is likely the reason why it's currently malfunctioning. You should delete it and use the Xbox app built into Windows
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Why is there an xbox companion app and an xbox app for PC? Just put all the features in one app.

xbox companion app is a legacy app from early windows 10, they are moving things over to the xbox app and the companion app will be discontinued eventually. you don't really have any reason to use the companion app now, which is why it does not come preinstalled on windows 11. game clips uploaded to xbox live should be visible from the gamebar.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Xbox console companion party chat won't work.

To be sure, are you using the Xbox app or the Console Companion App? Party chat has been discontinued for the Console Companion App.
  5. IceStorm III Win User

New Xbox Owner - Hard Upgrade Now or Wait? And what about crash recovery?

[quote user="ungerTC"]Stupid question time: Why would Live for 360 be discontinued?[/quote]For the same reason Live for the original XBOX was discontinued - the console can no longer support changes to the Service.
    What are the impacts of keeping
    it?
    Only Microsoft knows for sure.
  6. thunderstruckguitar Win User

After saving a game capture using the console companion app, the Game category is "Unknown" and I cannot reupload the capture to Xbox Live.

I believe that this might be an issue with the Console Companion App so if you have any other way to store and edit the captures you should try that
    I could do it on my Xbox, but I prefer to use the companion app. If you can't do things on the app, why should it exist?
Thema:

Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld...

1. Why is xbox console companions services discontinuing? My belief of why it should be upheld... - Similar Threads - Why console companions

2. Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?: So the only way I can really explain this issue is that I am able to see the bundle on the Xbox PC app but not on my console. When I go to "My games & apps" on the PC app I am able to see the...
  3. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...
  4. Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox look like this? Changed hdmi ports on the TV, hard restarted the console,...: [img] here is a photo of what it looks like bb1e3daf-04bc-4be3-9fd6-114ba54710be
  5. Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it...: Why isnt my recently played with list not updating? Ive restarted my console hoping it would help. It’s only showing me from 8 hours ago. I need to see whom i just played with...
  6. Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont any of my 4 controllers connect to either of my two consoles?: I have 2 xbox one S consoles, 4 seperate controllers. We cannot get any controller to connect to either of the two consoles. Have tried pair buttons etc, all controllers were working fine untill...
  7. 9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    9 months warranty on a brand new console I bought off Amazon, why?: My warranty details are incorrect, I purchased on 5th Feb and so technically the warranty should start starting 5th Feb 2024 till 4th Feb 2025, but it shows warranty till 28 November 2024. WHY?...
  8. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  9. Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?: I'm trying to open Microsoft rewards but when I click on it to open it on my Xbox one it comes up saying Update your consoles location even though it's set to my location....
  10. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...