Why is Xbox cloud play asking me for a PIN and I never created one

Discus and support Why is Xbox cloud play asking me for a PIN and I never created one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why is Xbox cloud play asking me for a PIN and I never created one a1283ac0-b3cb-4ccb-8e80-c84a0415b231 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adam Zangenberg, Feb 22, 2023.

1. Why is Xbox cloud play asking me for a PIN and I never created one

:)

Adam Zangenberg, Feb 22, 2023
  2. - AJ - Win User

why is my Xbox asking for a pin when I never created one.

Hi, Gia_351! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues creating a new profile.

I believe the PIN you are being prompted to enter is from the "Access Restrictions" feature, and not the one you create at Settings > Account > Sign-in, Security, and PIN.

If you don't mind, could you give this a try?

- Go to Settings > System > Access restrictions.
    - Select "Access restriction details"
    - Check the box for "Allow adding & creating new profiles"

Once this is done, you should be able to create a new profile.

* Alternatively, you can select "Remove Access PIN" on the previous screen to remove the PIN code. If you don't remember what the PIN code is, enter the wrong PIN three times in a row so it defaults to your account's password.

Please let me know if this works, I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. ShaunPerry Win User

Hard Reset: Am I missing something?

Never had pins vanish Cloud. Thats a new one on me.
  4. JVaz1HB Win User

Windows Hello PIN??

Yes and after entering the password, it sends me to the next window asking to use a Windows Hello account and then requests a PIN number. I do not know the PIN number as I never made one for the account in question.
  5. leviathin666 Win User

Xbox one games

If that's the case then why won't it let me move any saves to my Xbox one from the cloud, and keeps loading games off of the cloud and forcing me to create new saves that I have previously deleted off of the cloud back onto the cloud!?
  6. GBillR Win User

Game Pass PC share with family members

I was trying to do that.

I sign in to PC with his account and tried to open MSStore/Xbox launcher with my credentials. It asked for password than for PIN. PIN was not recognized [I am sure this is correct PIN]
    Try using your Son's pin at that screen... I know, you're going to tell me it is your email that is shown... how could his pin work in that dialog box??

Don't ask me how/why, but it should. That is what I had to do to add MY store account to my kids login.
Thema:

1. Why is Xbox cloud play asking me for a PIN and I never created one - Similar Threads - Why cloud play

2. Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my son's iPhone Xbox app connect to cloud for him to play on the backbone: My son has an iPhone 13 with a new backbone for Christmas. We can not get the app to connect to the cloud only console or PC. How do we fix this? 475c1227-840f-4b71-b82d-944fc8914085
  3. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...
  4. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  5. Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?: Ever since I downloaded xbox app in my new pc if I try to play a cloud accepted game on my Xbox it forces me to cloud gaming and won’t let me join an party invite from others in the game. It also...
  6. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0
  7. Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why none of Bethesda's older games have "Cloud Saves" or "Play Anywhere"?: Skyrim, all Fallout games, all Wolfenstein games... none of them have cloud saves even though they're Xbox first party games. I don't know if they forgot to add them because they are just old...
  8. Why is Cities: Skylines 2 on PC Game Pass but I can't play it on Xbox Ultimate Cloud...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Cities: Skylines 2 on PC Game Pass but I can't play it on Xbox Ultimate Cloud...: I pay for 3 services and still can't try the game. And no I can't just install it on my PC because it's not a gming PC, that's why I subbed to cloud gaming. Thank You...
  9. Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i cloud game on my pc while my wife plays on the console with her profile.: I installed a game on my console so my wife can play with her profile and then i tried playing a completely separate game on my pc through cloud gaming. However it said i had to sign out of my...
  10. Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the 'play' button greyed out on Xbox Cloud Gaming: I've tried it on both mine and my husband's accounts, on about 8 different devices in total. All games on all devices and all accounts, the 'play' button is greyed out....