Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?

Discus and support Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My friends and I were interested in jumping back into CoD WW2 over the fall break when I noticed that the game is still being sold for upwards of $60... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Big_Penguin_64, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games?

My friends and I were interested in jumping back into CoD WW2 over the fall break when I noticed that the game is still being sold for upwards of $60 online. Naturally we decided not to buy since it is an older game and is no longer worth that price.

This made me question why Xbox would not release a collection series similar to the master chief collection, and use that as a marketing tool for their new game. If I was on the team that works with GamePass content this would be my suggestion to them as an answer to help solve the slowing interest in the franchise.

A similar argument could be made for the gears of war series though their games are available on GamePass so the point is moot in that regard.

:)

Big_Penguin_64, Nov 6, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Activision set the prices, not Xbox. Yes I know Microsoft/Xbox now own Activision, but it is ran as a separate business, so Activision decide the prices.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Black Friday is coming up at the end of the month & there's always a big sale on for that so i'd check that when it happens.Some of the older CODs might go on sale then.
  4. Covert Affairs-9D152 Win User

Gaming A Luxury?

Call of Duty I believe usually charges more than regular games their and I believe that is the price the OP was quoting but still rather high.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Need Help With Refund. Getting angry with how [Mod Removed – Profanity] xbox support is now.

Wrong! When you grab a Games With Gold XBOX 360 Game. It does show the full price and say its Free. Which it did. But when it click to buy it the next screen that appears always shows the full price of the game.
    Actually, he is right about that. On the payment confirmation screen it updates with the price you're about to pay. If it's free the payment changes to 0.00. If it shows an actual price, then that is what you are being charged unless you cancel the transaction.
    Since you're on a trial subscription and not a full subscription, that's why it showed you the price and charged you for the game.
  6. J3RS3Y DEVIL Win User

Call of Duty Ghosts Digital Edition UK can I upgrade to the xbox one edition?

Yes.

Your download history will show that you bought the game for the 360 and should charge you the reduced price for the Xbox One. If you're able to buy it digitally in the UK now, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Q.
    How does the Xbox next-generation upgrade program work?

A.
    Microsoft offers the Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo, a disc-less dual-license that provides the Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, as well as the Xbox One digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts – linked and unlocked via a user’s Xbox Live
    gamertag. The Xbox 360 + Xbox One Digital Combo will be available at participating retailers for a suggested retail price of $69.99.

Alternatively, via the Xbox Live Market place, players can also purchase an Xbox 360 digital version of Call of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of $59.99. And when ready to upgrade to Xbox One, players can purchase a digital Xbox One version of Call
    of Duty: Ghosts for a suggested retail price of just $10 until March 31, 2014. This also applies to Call of Duty: Ghosts Digital Hardened Edition purchases.
Thema:

1. Why is Xbox charging full price for old Call of duty games? - Similar Threads - Why charging full

2. Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used: Getting charged 12.99 a month for something I've never used 34e39b1d-8bfd-462e-aa83-18c9c3e7b069
  3. Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my card continue to get charged even when the card no longer exists: I continue to get charged on my card that doesn't even exist anymore for the Xbox ultimate. This Xbox was sold in that account isn't even used anymore. Microsoft makes it virtually impossible to...
  4. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?: I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium...
  5. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  6. Why won’t my charge and play charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my charge and play charge: I recently bought a new shock blue controller for my Series S along with a charge and play battery pack. Suddenly the pack won’t charge in the controller. I put the charge and play battery pack in...
  7. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  8. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  9. Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my son purchased a game add-on online and was charged twice for one transaction,...: Why hasn't my son's account been refunded when Microsoft changed him twice on a transaction?? 71c00a9c-856c-488d-a5ac-e1786dcf6b94
  10. Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have I been charged full price for game pass ultimate, when the pane in Xbox OS...: I’ve been charged full price for Xbox game pass Ultimate, and I had clicked on an advertisement for $1. I’ll have to cancel this evening I guess. 37d1dac1-fa98-457e-ba62-d5833c7cae5a