Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?

Discus and support Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i am having a seemingly unique issue. When I launch the Xbox App it does not display any PC games I have played nor does it display the ones i have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Josh Mortimer, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games?

So i am having a seemingly unique issue. When I launch the Xbox App it does not display any PC games I have played nor does it display the ones i have installed. It also says I need to download gaming services but does not download it even when I allow permissions. I can search the app for the games that i play on PC and launch them from there but it is very clear that they are loading the console versions of the game. It first tells me before I can launch the game I need to have an Xbox controller connected, from the in game menus there is no "return to desktop" option, and as well as no performance settings are available through in game menus. Obviously it is launching a console version. To be honest I have run into many game braeking glitches invovled with PC pass and this is just the newest one. I got a free month of PC game pass with the purchase of my MSI labtop and since Starfield was added to the pass i was very excited. So I downloaded and installled xbox app and played until today. Did not have any issues playing Starfield until now and if i wanted a console version I would have bought one. I was going to continue my pass to play but now I basically cant even play the game. So this is my one and only attempt at getting help so i can continue paying for the game Pass. If it isnt resolved i will just uninstall Xbox items and just go back to steam.

:)

Josh Mortimer, Oct 8, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No Xbox version of the game will run on a PC, if it's downloading, you're getting the PC version

Xcloud is based on consoles, yes, and only works with controllers

You need to make sure Windows is fully updated to use Game Pass, so please access the windows update section to make sure you have the big fall update that just hit

You can try this tool to automate the fixes for gaming services, please be aware it's in beta

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  3. Smwutches Win User

Elderscrolls online for PC on gamepass

That's the Xbox store. That's why it's giving the console version. You'd use the Microsoft Store app to download games for the PC.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

CD Keys.com

The Xbox app is just a standalone app, which can be used to download games to PC. You do not need an Xbox games console to use it. Flight Simulator is an Xbox Live enabled game for PC and Xbox. That will be why you were given the link for the app, so you could download the game from the app. You log in with the account you used to redeem the code, and download the game. The version of the game you need is the PC version, which you can get from CD Keys or directly from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.
  5. XBF Zineb F Win User

Xbox app on Windows 10 white screen

6. Izzyk000 Win User

Ipad showing only black screen during remote play. How do I resolve this?

Yes to all that! And it works on my iphone and laptop using the same router, Xbox and internet connection. Not sure why it's not possible on the Xbox app (version 2023.12.1) for ipad.
Thema:

1. Why is Xbox app using console versions of my games? - Similar Threads - Why app using

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  4. Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I send a friend request using the xbox app?: Is there something wrong with my account that's blocking me from send a friend request? Please help me solve this issue 05ee4fb6-b8ba-4d95-b3d8-3cdcc043efa9
  5. Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my Rewards app showing restrictions for not following rules when I barely use it?: So I have just tried going on to my Rewards app and a notification came up stating: 'Your Microsoft Rewards account isn't following the rules you agreed to when you joined the programme. Review...
  6. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  7. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  8. Why can’t I use any apps ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I use any apps ?: My Xbox one won’t let me press on any apps for example setting and ext .All my games are also gone and I can’t reset the actual Xbox as I can’t go on settings or anything I have tried turning it...
  9. Why can’t I download photos from your web site using your app on my Xbox X .

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I download photos from your web site using your app on my Xbox X .: I want to use a custom photo to use as a background on my Xbox X. I wanted to use a photo off the internet but the edge app says downloads not supported by this device. Do I need to download a...
  10. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?: Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple Reason. I could Share Screenshots To multiple...