Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.

Discus and support Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Windows 11 is made to make me extraordinarily upset. The system won't let me download any gaming service or even update any of my microsoft given apps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Allen Kimmell, Aug 31, 2023.

1. Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.

Windows 11 is made to make me extraordinarily upset. The system won't let me download any gaming service or even update any of my microsoft given apps on my desktop. This just seems like a huge flaw that makes me wonder if this company is even worth my while. Absolutely absurd that I can't do anything gaming related on a pc I built for that specific cause. If you tell me to revert back to windows 10 and you work for microsoft I will ask you why you would ever release an updated interface that doesn't even work and I will also ask you resign from your job.

:)

Allen Kimmell, Aug 31, 2023
  2. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Allen Kimmell,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a new discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Allen Kimmell,

We appreciate you for sharing your concern with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand the frustration you are feeling right now dealing this issue from your end. No worries, we will work on this together in a timely manner.

Before we proceed, I will be asking you few questions to better understand our issues:

1. Do you happen to still remember when was the last time this was working?
    2. Is the issue presented only to the Xbox app? How about trying to access the Xbox website?
    3. Do you see an error message?

In the meantime, you can try performing the following steps to see if it helps:

• Can you try to access this link? Xbox website
      • Check if you can sign in successfully.
    • If not, proceed to use another device and doing the same thing.
    • If it doesn't help, can you proceed check with your account status? To do that, see the following:
      • Sign in your account through enforcement website to see if there is any action lifted on that account.

Note: There will be a hammer icon if the account receives

I hope this helps. IF any case you got any error message, please send us a screenshot.

We look forward to your response to this.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. AnastasiaCampbell Win User

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game Of The Year)(PC) not launching with PC Game Pass.

I'm using Windows 11. Do these solutions still work?

No I do not have admin privileges. My father who has Game Pass Ultimate and admin privileges on a separate account is unable to play Elder Scrolls III and IV. Antivirus and firewall could be the issue, but it wouldn't explain why the game is able to launch once before refusing to launch.

I'm willing to try these solutions, but they seem to be optimized for Windows 10 as opposed to Windows 11.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display

Hi AnAceCase,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you are having an issue connecting your Xbox One to your PC on Windows 11. As per description, when you attempt to use Xbox One as wireless display to stream on Windows 11 22H2 on Laptop, it will flash black and will not connect. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern.

Here are methods we can follow that could possibly fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the SFC /SCANNOW command

1. Open a new Windows Terminal as an Administrator (Press Windows+X and Select Windows Terminal Admin).
    2. Select the Command Prompt or PowerShell profile from the down arrow chevron menu.
    3. Type sfc /scannow command, and press enter.
    4. Wait for the scan to complete.
    5. If there's no errors, you can close the console now.
    6. If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:
    7. " dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth "
    8. Restart the computer and run sfc /scannow again.
    Method 2: Clean Boot:

1.Click "Start" and search: msconfig > select "System Configuration";
    2.Click "Services" on System Configuration > click and select "Hide all Microsoft services" > click "Disable all";
    3.Click "Startup" on System Configuration > click "Open Task Manager";
    4.Select each startup item on Startup and click "Disable" > close "Task Manager";
    5.Click "OK" on Startup tab of System Configuration > Restart PC.
    By doing so, your computer will be able to work normally again, and you'll see that no CMD window pops up anymore.

Method 3: Create a test user:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com)

Also make sure that your Xbox Services are enabled.

Search for Run

On the Run Box, type in services.msc

Look for the Xbox Service and set each to automatic.

Right Click on the Xbox service, under the General tab look for startup type on the drop down select Automatic

Then Click on Start.

Here are some articles for you to check for some other fixes.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display

Hello AnAceCase,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account. - Similar Threads - Why Windows refusing

2. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  3. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  4. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  5. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  9. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  10. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...