Why is windows 11 not using my gpu?

Discus and support Why is windows 11 not using my gpu? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an intel iris xe integrated graphics, but whenever I play roblox, it always lags. I checked the task manager, and found it only used about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by carrotjuiceguy, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Why is windows 11 not using my gpu?

I have an intel iris xe integrated graphics, but whenever I play roblox, it always lags. I checked the task manager, and found it only used about 10-30% of gpu. It was the microsoft store version of roblox and it already had high performance in graphics settings enabled. How do I fix this?

:)

carrotjuiceguy, Oct 26, 2023
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

The game has to be 'using your GPU' otherwise there would be nothing on the screen. What's the CPU usage like?

Your system's Intel Iris Xe is only part of your hardware spec, what's the rest? Is this a laptop or a desktop PC?

Roblox doesn't need high system requirements. However, any game, if you push the system hard enough, can have frame rate issues and low performance. What graphics settings are you using? What's your resolution? Are you plugged into the mains?
  3. carrotjuiceguy Win User

No it's a windows issue because on my desktop it can fully utilize the gpu
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

you have to ask them for Support on their game

https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Battlefront 2 Updated driver fps drop

Hi,

It's possible that since you updated your graphics driver, Battlefront 2 may have reverted to the integrated GPU. Firstly, make sure it's using your dedicated graphics processor.

Windows 10 https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/

Windows 11 https://pureinfotech.com/set-default-gpu-apps-windows-11/

You can also force this via the NVIDIA control panel.

It's not always necessary to download the latest GPU driver when a new game is released. These drivers optimise the game sure, but generally speaking, unless your drivers are extremely outdated, it's not mandatory.
  6. acuteaura Win User

Xbox app streaming black screen

This is broken on my laptop on:

Windows 10 20H1

Windows 10 20H2

Windows 11 Stable

Windows 11 Insider Preview (fast ring, 1 week ago)

All on fresh clean installs.

Same test run on a desktop machine on the same network works fine. Ethernet on Laptop does not fix it.

It's got to be something gaming laptop specific, possibly GPU selection. Forcing the Xbox app to use either integrated or discretre graphics didn't work either though.

Switching the GPU mode to "discrete graphics" on my Legion 5 didn't fix this either.
Thema:

1. Why is windows 11 not using my gpu? - Similar Threads - Why windows using

2. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  3. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  4. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  5. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  9. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  10. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...