Why is vibration not supported on remote play?

Discus and support Why is vibration not supported on remote play? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Remote play has been a feature for several years now. I assumed early on that vibration would eventually be integrated into remote play, but it doesn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SloppyEarlobe, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Why is vibration not supported on remote play?

Remote play has been a feature for several years now. I assumed early on that vibration would eventually be integrated into remote play, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to do so. Does anyone know of any ways/workarounds to get controller vibration via remote play? I'm aware it works on cloud play but the game I'm currently trying to get working isn't supported on xcloud.

:)

SloppyEarlobe, Dec 20, 2023
  2. SloppyEarlobe Win User

Thank you very much for the in depth reply! I figured there had to be some technical road blocks to vibration and that it wasn't simply laziness. I will look into some third party options as you suggested, thank you again for your help!
  3. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hello SloppyEarlobe,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I understand your problem and I will try to help you. Vibration is not supported in remote play for several reasons. One reason is that jitter requires a greater amount of bandwidth than other game data, such as image and audio. This could make it difficult to transmit game data at a smooth and smooth speed.

Another reason is that vibration can be difficult to implement in games that were not originally designed for it.

Games that use vibration often code the vibration directly into the game code. This can make it difficult or impossible to add vibration to a game after it is released.

Microsoft has recognized that the lack of vibration is a feature requested by remote play users.

However, the company has not announced any plans to add vibration to remote play in the immediate future.

As for your question about whether there is any way or workaround to get a vibration controller via remote play, the answer is that there is no official solution. However, there are some unofficial solutions that you can try.

One solution is to use a third-party device that can add vibration to a game controller.

There are several devices of this type available, such as the Cronus Zen or the Xim Apex. These devices allow you to add vibration to any game controller, even controllers that do not have built-in vibration.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...ange-controller-vibration-xbox-one-windows-10

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  4. Jedi Minds ABZ Win User

Controller vibration stopped working on 2 different controllers

Make sure that the game you’re playing supports vibration. Not all games support vibration of game controllers.

If the game you’re playing does support vibration, make sure that vibration is enabled. For more information, see the user’s manual for that game.

Make sure that the battery pack or batteries in your wireless controller are fully charged. When the controller detects that the charge in the battery pack or batteries is low, it turns off vibration to conserve the remainder of the charge.

If you have another Xbox One Wireless Controller, try to reproduce vibration in the second controller. If the second controller reproduces the same issue, it’s likely that the game you’re using is having an issue. Consult the troubleshooting information
    for that game.
  5. Defy Lightning Win User

360 Thumb Sticks on Xbox One Controller

Can't you disable the vibration on the X1 controller like the 360? The vibration drains your battery like hell especially if you're playing Borderlands 2 using Moxxi's guns. My girlfriend loved those guns.. I wonder why. The vibration got annoying eventually
    doe so I just completely turned off the vibration.
  6. StubbyMite Win User

Playing MW2 or any War/Shooting game results in controller disconnecting

i have had this problem before with an older controller but this did not happen in shooting games it was playing one of the wwe games i think its the vibrations in the remotes not sure i may be wrong. as my new one has never done it
Thema:

1. Why is vibration not supported on remote play? - Similar Threads - Why vibration supported

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why is the left side of my controller not vibrating it used to vibrate but it rattled and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the left side of my controller not vibrating it used to vibrate but it rattled and...: the left side of my controller isn’t vibrating anymore I have a warranty on it but I was don’t know if it can be fixed or if I have to trade it in 53d91e19-d7dc-4109-82e5-a68ea0de6460
  8. Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...: had the controller for about 5 months not. Never had any issues then the other night it just started bring up the task bar menu. Then would bring up the “turn off console turn off controller or...
  9. Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?: This has never been an issue for me until today. I was reinstalling COD MW2 and when I was doing that like a grinding/vibrating noise happened...Like I said never has this been an issue for me. I...
  10. Why does my controller not vibrate with Asphalt 9: Legends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my controller not vibrate with Asphalt 9: Legends?: The vibration setting for my controller is on. I assigned it to my account as well, but still nothing. No vibration at all during the game. In the game I didn't see vibration settings. It vibrates...