Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...

Discus and support Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, I just want my refund. Just tried to update MW3 for the 3rd time this month, it was a 48g update, I know because it literally said so, why it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nickgoldpenny, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...

Okay, I just want my refund. Just tried to update MW3 for the 3rd time this month, it was a 48g update, I know because it literally said so, why it refuses to auto update anything even though I have it set to do so, I have for the past 20 years, I have to start a game to be told it needs an update and instead of the 48g it's, "updating" 150g. That's the full game, I don't even own MW3 nor have the full game installed, just the warzone. So I'm installing 150g for 20g worth of content. It's not just awful CoD, this has happened with, ARK, Kakorot, Midnight Suns just basically every game I own. There has to be a way to stop this, even if a game "might" be corrupted I need to be able to uninstall it myself and download it instead of this idiot box doing whatever it wants. I just want my money back. I'm done. Had an Xbox since the day the original was released, paying subscriber the entire time. I lothe you MS, you have never done right by me and now I have children. I want this thing out of my house and would love to be able to play games with my kids, which I can barely do now with this awful console, on something that actually works. I'm not getting any money out of them tho, said the storage was 500g on the series s, it's not. Not even close, you have access to 300g at most. Gamepass is trash, I'm just so sad I wasted so much time on a company that just seems to hate their customers, MS is far and away the worst company in the world. I can't overstate how disgustingly, horrifically awful they and the people that run it and work there have to be.

:)

nickgoldpenny, Nov 9, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating like I have it set to do? Why is it reinstalling every single game that I have an update for every time?

Hello Nickgoldpenny, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Really the only thing you can do and what is recommended is that you
    continue insisting with the Xbox team, explaining the situation in detail
    since they are the only ones who can help you because they do have access to
    the accounts and can see what possibly happened. . This forum is really not the
    most appropriate medium to discuss your topic, especially since we as players do
    do not have the tools to help you as it is a sensitive privacy and security issue.

Below I will leave you the link so you can contact Xbox technical support:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Note: Remember that Xbox chat is open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 9:00 p.m. m.
  3. nickgoldpenny Win User

Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating like I have it set to do? Why is it reinstalling every single game that I have an update for every time?

So asking a question about my Microsoft product on the official Microsoft website, namely the portion of the website specifically designed for people having trouble with Microsoft products to ask said questions, is not the best place to ask my question or discuss my Microsoft topic... ... ... thanks so much for your reply, you've been a huge help. However ima continue to post my questions everywhere I can since posting on the ms Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, myspace, Indeed and official ms website has garnered me no result or help, not has xbox tech support, xbox live support, xbox website, xbox "live" chat support or emailing xbox. As stated in my op there is no customer service from this fortune 500 company as they don't care one iota for its customer base. So I will post anywhere and everywhere I can if I can't get help I can at least get notoriety. Thanks once more for the super helpful and prompt response! Have a wonderful day.
  4. Mogwai Warrior Win User

Xbox One doesn't auto update games and applications

I have BF4 digital and it doesn't auto update. Honestly, the XBOX One itself doesn't auto update either. When a new update comes it shuts down your console, then you have to turn it back on manually for it to install. Not sure why it just doesn't act like
    a PC where it will install the update and automatically restart the console?
  5. J.R.G. Win User

Well, I'm in a bit of a pickle

That's why I keep one console in instant on...auto updates, then it's as simple as plugging in the external, getting said updates, then moving it back to my other console. Lol. What I've found though is it will even stop auto updating if the console goes
    to long without a restart. -_- The solution for me was after gaming, restart the console the turn it back on; keeps it running smooth a lot longer.

Peace, J.R.
  6. Scarl3tPirat3 Win User

When does the xbox one x get the avatar editor update?

I Know that's why i'm confused as to why the One S got an update that put it in as that console doesn't have the insider app installed, it just said "time to update" when it was turned on
Thema:

Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating...

1. Why is this asinine console installing 150g for a 48g update? Why is it not auto updating... - Similar Threads - Why asinine console

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...