Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O...

Discus and support Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. Whenever I use KBM on Xbox there is a lot of input delay in games. I am using an Xbox One S. What can I do to fix it?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tomini D., Feb 3, 2024.

1. Tomini D.
    Tomini D. Guest

Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O...

Hello. Whenever I use KBM on Xbox there is a lot of input delay in games. I am using an Xbox One S. What can I do to fix it?

:)

Tomini D., Feb 3, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O on Xbox.

Hello Tomini D, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/11f5fcd0-cffe-4390-9452-d2c4c59ccf3b)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/11f5fcd0-cffe-4390-9452-d2c4c59ccf3b) Gerardo C. independent advisor , shows that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"Please try to solve the problem by doing the following procedures:

1. With the Xbox on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it turns off completely.

2. Unplug the power cord from the console and wait 30 seconds.

3. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on normally.

4. Check if the problem persists, if so, please reset your console to its factory settings keeping your games and applications as follows:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console > Reset and keep games and apps.

This way your console will be reconfigured and you will have to add your account again. No game or application will be deleted, nor will you lose the progress of any game since these are saved in the Xbox Cloud.

5. Check if the problem persists."

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/11f5fcd0-cffe-4390-9452-d2c4c59ccf3b

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. DavidJCobb-EBB729B6- Win User

Messaging

Since the forums seem to be eating my edits without saving them, I'll have to double-post. Sorry.

It's worth noting that even when the keyboard works properly (rare, these days), there's still some input lag. It's just minute enough that it won't affect actual typing, but when I specifically go looking for it, I see it. There's clearly a problem with
    how the Xbox One on-screen keyboard is coded.

The bumpers are affected as well (cursor movement is delayed), so the problem isn't receiving the input or actually inserting a text character. There is some bizarre bottleneck within the keyboard that is essentially breaking the shortcut buttons.
  4. FN Swaps Win User

Is it just me or is the input delay for mouse and keyboard makes games like fortnite unplayable

Yes ive tried everything i could find on the internet i bought 100$ keyboard and mouse cause i thought my last one was just bad but the input delay is still the same
  5. tejo chase Win User

Headphones or big sound system

Dolby atmos through headphones is my choice it's so much more immersive than speakers im currently using the SteelSeries arctis 9x.
  6. Galactic Geek Win User

Problemsw itht ypingm essages

Based on what I've seen, the Xbox One IS fast enough - it's a built-in delay that only occurs when you press Y to input a space in between words. When I'm typing letters, it keeps up with my speed just fine. My question is why is that built-in delay even
    there? What's the point of it? If there is a point, I don't see it...
Thema:

1. Why is there so much input delay when I use my SteelSeries keyboard and my Glorious Model O... - Similar Threads - Why much input

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why PlayStation is so much better

in XboX Insiders
    Why PlayStation is so much better: So I went on r/xbox to find out why my controller didn’t work because the batteries that came with the Xbox I bought didn’t last more than a week (what a scam) and everyone kept calling me stupid...
  7. Why are my updates so much bigger than my friends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my updates so much bigger than my friends?: We both have the same xbox but we both played r6 together yesterday and today there was an update. His update was only 1 GB but mine is almost 30. Why does this happen and how can i fix it...
  8. Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency...: Why when I test my network speed on oopla or my route app am I getting much lower latency than when I test my speed through my xbox series x? 27f76be7-c89f-405b-89cc-afe45fbfbf6f
  9. Why do my games crash so much

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do my games crash so much: Hello I am requesting to know why 3 specific Games are always crashing these include overwatch 2 call Of duty modern warfare II and fortnite It’s inly with fortnite that I can stay in the Lobby...
  10. Why is my xbox update stuck at 86% in 2023? Hard reset doesn't seem to do much, it goes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox update stuck at 86% in 2023? Hard reset doesn't seem to do much, it goes...: My xbox has been quite junky since I bought it to be honest, it went through a phase where if I played forza and minecraft, it would brick it and had to do a hard reset almost daily until I worked...