Why is there no option to change address after placing your order or a simple way for...

Discus and support Why is there no option to change address after placing your order or a simple way for... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I understand I’m not blameless as I forgot to update my address on my account (don’t order much from the Microsoft store) but what I don’t understand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Dr Aceves, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Dr Aceves
    Dr Aceves Guest

Why is there no option to change address after placing your order or a simple way for...

I understand I’m not blameless as I forgot to update my address on my account (don’t order much from the Microsoft store) but what I don’t understand is why it’s nearly impossible after placing said order to update the address.

I called 30 minutes after placing the order because I noticed my mistake and they couldn’t update it on their end and had to create a ticket to get a resolution. That was fine, but no response or any kind of confirmation email after a couple of hours so I called again. Basically same answer except this time the agent told me they will intercept the package and it will be redirected to my house. So I left it alone until today where it’s still saying it’s going to be delivered to the wrong address. So I called again, basically same answer it’s being intercepted. No updates on fedex reflects that or no update from Microsoft themself that reflects that. He then said I will need to wait for the package to go back to the warehouse and then they’ll send it to me. It will be kind of hard to do that if the package was never intercepted anyways.

Just wish there was a smoother process for correcting mistakes like this and hope I get this package sooner rather later.

Also they never offered to cancel the order at least which would’ve been fine with me so I can just place it again under the correct address.

:)

Dr Aceves, Apr 28, 2023
  2. Wille M. Win User

Why is there no option to change address after placing your order or a simple way for Microsoft to update it in case of mistake?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

This is the delivery logistics process defined by Microsoft.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do. I recommend that you continue interacting with the support team for more details on how to resolve your issue, as in the community, we are users just like you, and we do not have access to your personal data and account to make changes.
  3. Genji Sojobo Win User

New Account AMERICAN billing region not AUSTRALIAN, why?

All I need is for some one to explain the logic of region locking the billing address of a new account made in Australia to America? Why can I not find any simple way of changing my billing address and why is the billing address region locked and unchangable.
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Change of Ship-To Address on Xbox Series X Preorder

I've tweeted a bunch of times, called every department I can, and still can't get through to anyone that can help.

One contact of mine thinks that they clearly over extend on the pre-orders so they're hoping people like us that need to update the address just cancel the orders.

How is it possible that a multi-billion dollar company can't update a ship-to address 6 weeks before the order is set to deliver?
    Could just be how their ordering system works. At my job we only have about 1 hour after an order is placed to make any changes to it.

If the customer calls back in more than an hour after the order is placed the system literally doesnt allow any changes to be made. if the address needs to be changed its the same situation (youd have to give the tracking number to the courier to change
    the shipping address).

I dont work for a small company either
  5. Smwutches Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Pre-Ordering Problem

If it changed the card number for the payment method you chose, you'll want to update your payment method before they charge you. You can view the order at http://account.microsoft.com and here should be an option to "Change the way you pay" or you can cancel the order and just place a new one.
  6. mario guifarro Win User

Change of Ship-To Address on Xbox Series X Preorder

I've tweeted a bunch of times, called every department I can, and still can't get through to anyone that can help.

One contact of mine thinks that they clearly over extend on the pre-orders so they're hoping people like us that need to update the address just cancel the orders.

How is it possible that a multi-billion dollar company can't update a ship-to address 6 weeks before the order is set to deliver?
    Could just be how their ordering system works. At my job we only have about 1 hour after an order is placed to make any changes to it.

If the customer calls back in more than an hour after the order is placed the system literally doesnt allow any changes to be made. if the address needs to be changed its the same situation (youd have to give the tracking number to the courier to change
    the shipping address).

I dont work for a small company either

The release isnt for weeks. They could honestly just change the address. Lets be real here, they’re just being plain lazy.
Thema:

1. Why is there no option to change address after placing your order or a simple way for... - Similar Threads - Why option change

2. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  3. Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it not an option to move captires from xbox network to internal storage?: As the subject states, since they're going to be deleting captures, I want them on something where they're not going tk be deleted at the mad whims of microsoft. I want my captures on my xbox...
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. Smart Delivery. Why not make it optional?

in XboX Insiders
    Smart Delivery. Why not make it optional?: Cant Smart Delivery just be a optional thing? Like some games i see that optimization is great like fortnite, cod etc... so yeah i want those to be.. but as a Series S user with a external SSD...
  6. Why is the option to Delete Everywhere gone??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the option to Delete Everywhere gone??: My fiance and I are trying to delete the saved files, including on the Cloud. We've followed all the steps, but when we finally get to the last and final step, the only option is Delete Locally....
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I not have the option to change my Hertz allowed in my Xbox setting?: I currently just got the Xbox Series X and was wanting to run 120 FPS, but I noticed there is not an option to change it in my Xbox settings. I have the "Acer Nitro 34" Class UWQHD Curved Gaming...
  9. Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does this Xbox insist that I am in the United Kingdom and give me no option to change it??: I just purchased the Xbox series x and throughout the setup I saw no where that I could have possibly told it that I was in the uk, but now that I am trying to set up a payment form for game pass,...
  10. Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?: Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local...