why is there a problem loading instalation location on xbox app pc?

Discus and support why is there a problem loading instalation location on xbox app pc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Why is there a problem loading installation location on Xbox app pc? It shows the issue on the Xbox app on Settings, General, Game Install options,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ana Pena, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Ana  Pena
    Ana Pena Guest

Why is there a problem loading installation location on Xbox app pc?

It shows the issue on the Xbox app on Settings, General, Game Install options, Change where this app installs games by default. It shows in orange " is there a problem loading installation location"

I cannot download any games. I restarted the pc. I restarted and repaired the Xbox app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app. I checked the storage settings and made sure new content was storing in DATA 829GB instead of Windows 128GB. I also tried downloading a game on the Microsoft Store and nothing loads.

I tried to find answers online and nothing it showed everything I tried already. I just want to download games and be able to play.

Pls need more suggestions. thanks.

:)

Ana Pena, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

Use the Windows search engine and type "PowerShell", Then run it as administrator.

On the Administrator Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLLHN

In the Windows search bar type "Services".

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

-XblAuth Manager

-XblGameSave, XboxGipSvc,

-Xbox Live Game Save,

-Xbox Live Networking Service,

-Microsoft Store Install Service,

-GamingServices,

-Game Bar,

-Xbox TCUI

Right-click on the service (you must do this for each of them) and select Properties.

In the Startup Type section of the "General" tab, make sure it is set to Automatic . If it is not already started, click Start.

Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.

Restart the device and try again.

Best Regards.
  3. CosmicCraze Win User

Xbox PC App installed games are gone and "There was a problem load install locations. Try again." error

If you are experiencing issues with your Xbox PC app installed games disappearing and receiving the "There was a problem loading install locations. Try again." error, here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check for updates: Make sure the Xbox app is up to date by going to the Microsoft Store and checking for updates.

2. Restart the Xbox app: Close the app and relaunch it.

3. Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart of your computer can help fix software glitches.

4. Reset the Xbox app: Click on the Start menu and search for "Apps & features". Scroll down to find the Xbox app and click on "Advanced options". Then, click on "Reset" to reset the app to its default settings.

5. Reinstall the Xbox app: If none of the above steps work, uninstall the Xbox app and then reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.

Hopefully, one of these solutions will help you resolve the issue with your Xbox PC app installed games disappearing and the "There was a problem loading install locations. Try again." error.
  4. David Wirsching Win User

A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

5. Richard.W67 Win User

Xbox PC App "There was a problem loading installation locations. Try again."

Hi Noah im in same boat suddenly as of yesterday all my xbox games are not there and when i go to reinstall it tells me gaming services needs an update or is broken is this what you get ?? yet my EA games that are linked work fine
  6. rocka4real Win User

PC Games Pass Issue, cant see anything - Support is useless, plz help

I have the same issue.

The companion xbox console app shows all my games but the xbox app doesn't show my list of games.

Under settings and General it says ' There was a problem loading installation locations. Try again.

This issue only happened yesterday.

Mayne error with the app?
Thema:

1. why is there a problem loading instalation location on xbox app pc? - Similar Threads - why problem loading

2. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  3. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  4. why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem

in XBoX on Windows
    why can youtube cast to my xbox without my permission and microsoft is aware of the problem: Sounds like youtube can stream to my xbox and many others around the world and so my question is why hasnt xbox fixed this problem its invasion of ones privacy to an extent im really surprised...
  5. Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...: This has happened with both previous modern warfares. Not with any CODs before. This is the same message I get each time and never get online again. I’ve just got this game now....
  6. why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why won't microsoft assist with problems everyone is experiencing buying anything in the...: pGCgJB2OvOICqF34fA7VJZ.8.7 your store is useless. your support is useless. this renders my xbox useless. why am I even trying to buy your games, you suck. close this thread like you do all...
  7. Why my Xbox has games connection problems?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox has games connection problems?: Hi, When I'm trying to start a game my Xbox says my connection doesn't work but in the settings it does and I can start applications normally like YouTube... I don't know what to do...
  8. Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not start a warranty repair online? This problem seems to have been in existence...: I have tried over 20 times this morning to submit a warranty repair for my fault Xbox Elite controller. Every time I get a failure message. Online Chat is useless, submitting a request for a call...
  9. Why don’t you fix your cloud gaming queuing problem??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don’t you fix your cloud gaming queuing problem??: I’ve literally tried to start 5 games with the cloud gaming today but the queue is taking forever and it keeps lying about the queuing time (“sorry the queue time is taking longer than expected”)!...
  10. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...