why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?

Discus and support why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i’m trying to play fifa 23 for series s/x on my xbox using remote play from my laptop and each time i get into a game wether that be kick off, skill... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Disturbed Mist, Sep 5, 2023.

1. why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop?

i’m trying to play fifa 23 for series s/x on my xbox using remote play from my laptop and each time i get into a game wether that be kick off, skill game or practice (anything that requires me to move a player) my controller comes up as controller 2 and doesn’t allow me to move and when i try switching teams there’s another controller when i only have one connected there’s nothing plugged into my laptop or connected using bluetooth.

i’ve restarted my xbox, restarted the game, turned off the controller, switch controllers and nothing seems to work.

i have 2 active accounts when i go on player management and it’s both my account for some reason and i can’t remove it
    why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop? [​IMG]

why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop? [​IMG]

:)

Disturbed Mist, Sep 5, 2023
  2. Leonard_Y Win User

Hello

We haven't heard back from you for 72 hours, so we assume your issue has been resolved. We will not monitor this thread in the future, so if you need more help, double-click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

respectfully

Leonardo_Y
  3. Leonard_Y Win User

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Xbox forum.

It sounds like you are experiencing a controller syncing issue when using Xbox remote play on your laptop. Let's work on this together in finding the best possible option regarding about this issue.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure your Xbox console and laptop are both connected to the same network.

2. Try resetting your Xbox console and laptop.

3. Unplug your Xbox console from the power source for a few minutes, then plug it back in and turn it on.

4. Try connecting your controller directly to your laptop using a USB cable.

5. If you are using a wireless controller, try resetting it by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 10 seconds until it turns off, then turn it back on.

6. Check your Xbox console settings to make sure that only one controller is connected.

I hope this helps. Looking forward for your response soon!

Sincerely,

Leonardo_Y
  4. Ryan House Win User

XBOX 360 UNIVERSAL REMOTE (CAME WITH HDDVD DRIVE)

I believe it may only be infrared in controlling the xbox 360. but the controller is a universal remote. and it has a Media Centre button which has been on computers way before the xbox 360 was even created.

There is just no other explanation for why I can control my HP Vista Home Premium Laptop Computer. My HP Laptop came with its own little remote. That sticks into the side of the laptop. My laptop has a IR sensor on the front but I disabled it. Now the Remote
    that came with the Laptop doesn't work but the 360 Remote still does.
  5. Ryan House Win User

XBOX 360 UNIVERSAL REMOTE (CAME WITH HDDVD DRIVE)

The remote can't be only Infrared else it wouldn't be controlling my laptop when I am not point the remote at it. I am in front of my laptop pointing it at my xbox but my HP PC is also being controlled at the same time.

I can point my remote to the ceiling and still make the media centre on my PC pop up and then move around using the arrow keys on my 360 remote
  6. Zebedee32 Win User

Xbox One controller not working via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC

same issue for me. was using Xbox One controller on laptop fine for months, via bluetooth. Needed to use it as second controller on by Xbox series X which prompted to update the controller firmware. Now trying to use the controller on my laptop again it is unresponsive. It is paired and connects fine in the bluetooth device list and shows in device manager with no issues, but the controller doesn't do anything and is no detected by the accessories app or any applications like the xbox app for remote play or xcloud. Looks like the controller firmware upgrade has killed is as far as my laptop is concerned
Thema:

1. why is there a ghost controller whenever i use xbox remote play on my laptop? - Similar Threads - why ghost controller

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why won't Ghost recon: wildlands use my xbox account save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Ghost recon: wildlands use my xbox account save?: Why is it when I install Ghost Recon: wildlands and click play through the xbox pc...the game doesnt use my xbox game save or my xbox account even though its is linked to my ubisoft account? It...
  10. Why cant I download Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands - Standard Edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I download Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands - Standard Edition?: When I try to install the game through game pass it tells me to download Ubisoft Connect (which I already have) and then it just doesn't download. I have tried logging out and then back in,...