Why is there a chat box that pops up everytime I press left stick on xbox app on pc?

Discus and support Why is there a chat box that pops up everytime I press left stick on xbox app on pc? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Everyone of my games on xbox app on pc bring up this annoying chat box everytime I press the left stick. It doesn't happen when I'm offline and it has... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by daddysgotafaty, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Why is there a chat box that pops up everytime I press left stick on xbox app on pc?

Everyone of my games on xbox app on pc bring up this annoying chat box everytime I press the left stick. It doesn't happen when I'm offline and it has nothing to do with my keyboard being plugged in. It happens if its plugged in or not. Does anyone know how to fix it?

:)

daddysgotafaty, Apr 25, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Why is there a chat box that pops up everytime I press left stick on xbox app on pc?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good morning

One possible solution is to check the controller settings within the game and make sure that there isn't a keybinding or button assignment set to the left stick that is triggering the chat box. You can also try resetting the controller settings to default and see if that resolves the issue.

Another solution could be to disable the chat feature within the Xbox app on PC. To do this, open the Xbox app, click on the gear icon in the top right corner to access the Settings menu, then select "Privacy & online safety". From there, you can turn off the "Let others communicate with voice, text, or invites" option, which should prevent the chat box from popping up when you press the left stick.
  3. Praetorian VIII Win User

God Mode back and better than ever!!

I'm pretty sure that's PC. I noticed some chat boxes pop up.

PC is always a little f'ked up. Zehq posted a PC hackers profile and he had 12,000 SPM in 3 hours played.
  4. certifiedninja1 Win User

Need some help in MW3

Press up with the left toggle stick when your right in front of the ladder- also you can try to jump up then press up on the left toggle stick to keep going.
  5. Sky Captain Win User

Smartglass keyboard still super finicky

FINALLY! I find a post with people having the same problem. I use extremely long and complicated passwords for my services and apps. And I literally get the text box dialog successfully pop up on the app about 10% of the time. It
    is hair pullingly frustrating to take sometimes upwards of two hours trying to log in to a single service because I'm troubleshooting this. And there seems to be no rhyme or reason for when the text box finally pops up. I restart the xbox, restart the app,
    sometimes delete the app and reinstall. And the box finally pops up whenever the heck it wants. Microsoft why is this being ignored!
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Manual "record that" option - October update

Afaik you need to have the game DVR app defined as the app that snaps when pressing the Xbox button twice.

So the procedure should be: double press Xbox button, choose snapped app with left stick, press and hold X.
Thema:

1. Why is there a chat box that pops up everytime I press left stick on xbox app on pc? - Similar Threads - Why chat box

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  5. Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is it when i am in a party it appears that i am in game chat and it wont switch back to...: Ive already tried turning off my network and turning it back on it only worked once and never worked again 4ba9d188-ee0b-436b-af88-34bab5a9371f
  6. Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my chat mixer grayed out?: My Audio chat mixer is grayed out. I just started to have this problem and tried everything but nothing happens. How do I fix this. By the way I have a wireless controller if that makes a...
  7. Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why am I getting stuck in game chat whenever I start a party or invite someone and then I'm...: My question was in the title. 000f7462-b93c-4241-a2b4-c7a3e1015b0c
  8. Why is my chat mixer grayed out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my chat mixer grayed out?: I'm using an arctis 9x and my chat mixer is grayed out, yet it seems to change from 0% to 5% on it's own multiple times a second. Makes hearing others a pain, why?...
  9. Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why when I'm in a party am I stuck in game chat and cannot enter party chat.: When I am in a party I am instantly in game chat and whenever I press go to party chat it keeps me in game chat. 9ef27869-43fb-4fef-8ccf-f69b9e4d29fb
  10. why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...: when me and my friends are playing they always ask why i cant chat and i have to say that im on xbox this is really a problem and i think it should be changed 83e24289-a70d-4383-b560-3e1859e794ab