Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

Discus and support Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nWo STARSCREAM, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one communicating to anyone about the situation. Can we get any assistance here????

:)

nWo STARSCREAM, Dec 17, 2023
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Now TV app on xbox 360

Hi VJFS,

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums today. I'd be happy to help.

I don't recall the TV app being taken away from the Xbox 360. Can you not find it from the TV and Movies section on the dashboard where it says get Your TV App?

Here is a helpful troubleshooting guide for the Movies and TV app for 360:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/apps/movies-and-tv-info

I hope this helps.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Re Australian tv channel catch up apps

4. nWo STARSCREAM Win User

Hi Marvina. This happened earlier in the year, from around early spring up until about maybe early summer... Now it's happened again around Thanksgiving up til now. I've done all the troubleshooting listed. The last time it was all on Microsoft's side that the app wasn't working on the 360. So can you possibly check on the MS about the situation? Thanks for your help and time.
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem. Follow the instructions below for a solution.

If you're having trouble using Movies & TV on your Xbox 360 console, it may be due to an app error or a console setting. To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.

You can reset the Movies & TV Shows app by deleting all related content from your console:

In the Xbox Dashboard, go to Settings, then System.
    Select Storage.
    Select the primary storage device.
    Select Games & Apps.
    Find and select all items that refer to "Movies and TV Shows."

Select Delete.
    Press the Guide  button on your controller.
    Select Settings > System Settings and then Network Settings.
    Select the name of the wireless network or the wired network, if the connection is wired.

Select Test connection to Xbox Live.
    If you can connect to Xbox Live, your console is connected correctly.

If you can't connect to Xbox Live, the connection test will show you the exact point in the connection process where the error occurs and what type of error it is. Write down this information and try the Xbox 360 Connection Error Solution to resolve the issue.

Information source (credits):
    https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/apps/troubleshoot-movies-and-tv-on-360

I hope I can help you solve it.

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Moving themes and avatars from xbox 360 to xbox one

Unfortunately themes and gamerpics from the 360 do not work with the One.

Not all of the same apps are available, but you can redownload apps from the Xbox store. You'll want to download the Movies and TV app and you should be able to see your movies there.
Thema:

1. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working? - Similar Threads - Why 360 Movie

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  4. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  5. Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the saved games not working on my Xbox 360: Hi, I tried to play a game from a disc on the console but when I opened it all of it was gone and I had to start again. For one game (Lego Marvel Superheros) it said: 'This saved data was created...
  6. Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my Xbox 360 no longer download? Network test shows 0.01 mbs but uploads are at...: Xbox360 will not connect to xbox live. Upload speed of 20-30 mbs but download spead of 0.01 mps. From posts, this is a known problem that has just recently happened. My Xbox one works fine!...
  7. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  8. Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why will the movie apps on my Xbox 360 not load?: I still have an Xbox 360 and everytime I try to watch one of the movie apps, it says troubleshooting. I have great internet service also. f09ef27d-306f-4caa-b73c-1b2568d0b225
  9. Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased...: Why is the Xbox 360 Movies and TV app no longer available? Can't watch any purchased movies or TV on the Xbox 360? The app works perfectly for Xbox One and Series XlS though. A bunch of people...
  10. Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available?: Why is the Movies and TV app on Xbox 360 no longer available? Is it being worked on or has it been shut down? Multiple people have complained about it, but there hasn't been any answers......