Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

Discus and support Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series S. It cuts my audio often. I've seen threads from early 2023 without any solutions. I have pretty decent internet, 5Ghz... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Krustykashew (Chris S.), Nov 29, 2023.

1. Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

I have an Xbox Series S. It cuts my audio often. I've seen threads from early 2023 without any solutions. I have pretty decent internet, 5Ghz connection, so I know it's not my internet. I've updated all my software on my PC and all the apps on my Xbox as well. Has a fix been found or is it an issue with the new gen remote play?

:)

Krustykashew (Chris S.), Nov 29, 2023
  2. Krustykashew (Chris Win User

i i just ran a test on my wired connection, i have 50ms latency. i’ve made sure that my apps have all been up to date. i’ve had this issue multiple times on stream and it sucks to have a laggy stream. i’ve checked my pc’s cpu usage, without the stream i’m at .08%-1.5%, with the stream i’m at 4%-5%. if there’s anything else i can try, let me know please
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Krustykashew, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Remote play, which allows you to play your Xbox from another device, often depends on several factors, including the quality of the internet connection, network speed, connection stability, and the distance between the Xbox and the device you use to play remotely.

Although remote play has improved in recent generations of consoles, there can still be issues related to connection quality. Here are some possible reasons why you might be experiencing issues with Remote Play on your Xbox Series S:

Unstable or slow internet connection: Despite having a 5 GHz connection, stability and speed can fluctuate due to wireless interference, physical obstacles, or router problems.

Network settings on Xbox: Adjustments to your Xbox's network settings may improve the quality of remote play. Make sure your console is set up for a stable and fast connection.

App or software issues: Issues with the remote play app or the console itself can impact the quality of the remote experience. Make sure they are updated to the latest version available.

Latency issues: Latency is the amount of time it takes for information to be transmitted from the console to the remote device. If there is too much latency, you could experience response and audio delays.

Local network issues: Sometimes other devices on your local network can consume bandwidth, causing interference when connecting to the Xbox.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. Ooh im good Win User

Does xbox360 need a true second screen solution?

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

you've be able to do remote play through a psp for years and microsoft didn't see the need for it then so why bother now ?

[/quote]

Yeah I know you can remote play on PSP and also use the PSP as a rear view mirror in some driving games but the remote play is not that good and can be laggy. The new generation of remote play devices are optimised as are the games and will be fully featured.
    I will be testing it out with a Wii-U as soon as its released.
  5. Private Maximo Win User

Does xbox360 need a true second screen solution?

[quote user="Ooh im good"]

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

you've be able to do remote play through a psp for years and microsoft didn't see the need for it then so why bother now ?

[/quote]

Yeah I know you can remote play on PSP and also use the PSP as a rear view mirror in some driving games but the remote play is not that good and can be laggy. The new generation of remote play devices are optimised as
    are the games and will be fully featured. I will be testing it out with a Wii-U as soon as its released.

[/quote]It what Sony said one E3 but it never happened
  6. UneasyJmitchell Win User

Why is it so laggy now?

@GhostE7---Maps are fine IMHO, but there will be several DLCs and who knows whats in store? Spawns are very predictable when you play with a team, and quickscopers are a community problem, not a game problem. What state do you live in? You could try playing
    with me and my friends sometimes. 99% guaranteed wins with the occassional buttwhooping, LOL.
Thema:

1. Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy? - Similar Threads - Why remote play

2. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  3. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  4. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  5. Why is vibration not supported on remote play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is vibration not supported on remote play?: Remote play has been a feature for several years now. I assumed early on that vibration would eventually be integrated into remote play, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to do so. Does...
  6. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  7. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  8. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  9. Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?: Hello, I recently purchased EAFC 24 and some game modes like moments, UT Champs, and Division Rivals are not working on remote play. They would load but they don't accept my input from the...
  10. 2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    2023 Again: Remote Play for Xbox-Games on a PC (Download Xbox Games). Why Its Not Working?: Hello everybody! I think that should be not ignored by Microsoft, even not a year later, i want to bring this up again. I would wish connect and bring all devices and games together. Thank you....