Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in.

Discus and support Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; At this point i’m wondering if there is a technical issue for the UI not being in HDR, it’s so annoying when the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/RicoBellic1998, May 19, 2023.

1. Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in.

At this point i’m wondering if there is a technical issue for the UI not being in HDR, it’s so annoying when the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds while it changes back to SDR,

Do you guys believe it will ever change? I’m starting to think maybe it has something to do with the fact the UI remaining the same on Xbox One and perhaps it’s an issue idk.

FirstWorldProblems
    submitted by /u/RicoBellic1998
    [link] [comments]

/u/RicoBellic1998, May 19, 2023
  2. SparkStormrider Win User

re-inventing the wheel

I have to agree with the OP on this. MS in their other product offerings keeps what works in the UI's. Take office for example. Word and Excel have the same navigation. Ever so often after quite a while they upgrade the UI and make tweaks, but they build
    on what they had before. Just about everyone has used the menu structure. File, Edit, View, etc. Everyone for years have seen this in both Windows and Office products. Why they didn't choose to do this same approach from the 360 to the X1, I am not quite
    sure. Yes the X1 is a newer console and yes more powerful. But you shouldn't just throw what you got from all the years of R&D with regards to the UI of the 360. They should have incorporated more "elements" of the 360's UI into the X1's UI. It's almost
    like they reinvented the wheel with the new UI.

I'm not bashing the X1, just curious why they didn't use what was already popular with the 360.
  3. sampike2 Win User

Xbox one s poor graphics

Thats abit annoying why does it have the options in the setting for 4k and hdr if it cant cope with it
  4. DEACON Win User

Xbox One has been a disappointment so far.

not sure why an almost 3 year old thread was resurrected.
  5. EliotLeisure Win User

Can anyone help me? I was referred here by Xbox Live Support.

I am quite annoyed by this tenure problem. Over the past years, my account has show 10 years, 9 years, 8 years, and 7 years. Why is it that today, it has changed to 5 years? What kind of ridiculousness is this and whose idea was this?
  6. Whazzle Win User

Screen goes dim while watching tv

Same issue for me. Been happening ever since I got the new UI update. Extremely annoying.
Thema:

Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in.

1. Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in. - Similar Threads - Why HDR it’s

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?: I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 S and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it. I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p....
  9. Why xbox not support 1440p+HDR

in XBoX on Windows
    Why xbox not support 1440p+HDR: Hello, playstation 5 support 1440p+HDR....... xbox not - WHY ? 37fb986e-7df8-40a1-9f41-8e494fe8199b
  10. Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X: I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going on, then as soon as it is done, it turns right...