Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

Discus and support Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why is the new system update taking so long, it's been going for three days now because it takes so long to complete and before it does my xbox shuts... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alex Scott2, Dec 18, 2023.

  1. Alex Scott2
    Alex Scott2 Guest

    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long


    Why is the new system update taking so long, it's been going for three days now because it takes so long to complete and before it does my xbox shuts off because I am not actively using the controller and resets the update to step 3 and then the process repeats. I justwanna play minecraft man

    :)
     
    Alex Scott2, Dec 18, 2023
    #1
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

    Hello, I understand that it is frustrating. If the system update is blocking access to settings, you may need to wait for the update to complete.

    Once the update is complete, you will be able to go into settings and change the power saving settings.

    In the meantime, try the following to prevent your console from shutting down:

    Keep the console connected to power.
    Play a game or watch a video to keep your console active.

    If you have an Xbox Series X|S, you can connect the console to a monitor or TV that has HDMI-CEC support.

    This will allow the console to automatically turn on and off with the monitor or television.

    If the problem continues after this let me know

    Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  3. Alex Scott2 Win User

    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

    Yes I know it turns off after a whole for power saving and I can change it in settings but I can't even get into my xbox settings because of the system update which is very frustrating
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

    Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

    Hello Alex,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

    I'm so sorry for what you're going through, the new December 2023 Xbox system update is taking so long to install for several reasons.

    First of all, the update is quite big. It is about 10 GB in size, which is quite large for a software update. This means that the update has to be downloaded and unzipped to your console, which takes time.

    Secondly, the update includes a number of new features and improvements. These features and improvements require the system to be completely updated, which also takes time.

    Third, your Xbox console may not have enough storage space to install the update. If your console is low on storage space, the update will install more slowly.

    Regarding your issue with your console turning off, this may be due to your console's power saving settings being set to turn off after a certain period of inactivity. You can change this setting in your console's settings menu.

    To fix the update restarting issue

    Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/Xbox-security-update-disclosure

    These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

    Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  5. Nigwawa Win User

    Microsoft Sweepstakes

    Still no winner and it’s December… why’s it taking so long
  6. Courtney allen Win User

    Why is this taking so long!?

    Okay i underatand that and yea i submitted 2 case reviews. The last guy i talked to he told me not to submit anymore because it might take longer but is there anything i can do because i bought the xbox series x but i might return it because i dont have
    my main account
Thema:

Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long

Loading...
  1. Why is the new December 2023 update taking so long - Similar Threads - Why December 2023

  2. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  3. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  4. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  5. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  6. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  7. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  8. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  9. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...
  10. Please fix the play history don’t know why I got empty boxes in that place ?

    in XboX Insiders
    Please fix the play history don’t know why I got empty boxes in that place ?: Last two updates the play history don’t work for me ? submitted by /u/Masio666 [link] [comments]