Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont?

Discus and support Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to download Hulu on Xbox one but the Microsoft store says I have it already and to check my library. Well I did and it's not there. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ria Bush, Jun 15, 2023.

1. Ria Bush
    Ria Bush Guest

I'm trying to download Hulu on Xbox one but the Microsoft store says I have it already and to check my library. Well I did and it's not there. I haven't downloaded the app before and I don't know how to fix this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

:)

Ria Bush, Jun 15, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that there are multiple reports in regards to the same issue, however, there are no official announcement yet from Microsoft which is why we just need to perform troubleshooting steps.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​
    ​​​
    "1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​
    2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Niamh Byrne Win User

Xbox series S tells me that I already own Netflix when I try to install on NEW XBOX S

Hi,

The Microsoft Store has no pending updates. I have tried the hard reset (left it off and unplugged for an hour!) but there is no difference.

No other app in the Microsoft Store appears to have this problem. I have successfully downloaded YouTube, Disney+, Sky Go etc…

Netflix is the only app that says free to download, then when I go to download in the Microsoft Store it says it’s already owned, despite not being and not on my Xbox.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Niamh.
  4. McHunterro Win User

Purchased Minecraft Starter Pack but didn't receive the game itself.

Yeah, that's the bundle I got. I can't download it from the Microsoft Store app. When I check my library it shows that I only got the bonus stuff. However, when I check the game on xbox game store through web, it says that I do have it but can't download it. But when I check it through xbox app it says that I do not own it. I honestly have no idea why.
  5. SGX Kai Win User

fifa 23 ultimate edition pre download.

i looked on microsoft store its says pre order but i’ve already did that back in early august and paid so why is it saying that.

when i look on the xbox app ultimate doesn’t show just the standard version which does say download to console but i paid for ultimate it even says it on the receipt
  6. InfernusMortum Win User

Cant get games when i purchase game pass

I try it from Microsoft Store and its works. Game was added to xbox app, but when i want some game from xbox app, app still saying that i need purchase game pass. I dont understand. But at all, i can downloading games from pass, but only from Microsoft Store.
Thema:

1. Why is the Microsoft store saying I have an app downloaded already when I dont? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft store

2. Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to install Microsoft store over and over after successfully installing? (Xbox...: Microsoft store update randomly pops up every now and then. After it occurred a few times I noticed my xbox struggled to download/update anything. My internet connection is good. I've done all the...
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...
  6. why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant you buy left 4 dead 1 and 2 at all even with xbox.com and microsoft store?: i tried and Microsoft and it said not available separately but still didnt let me buy it or download it and when i tried xbox.com 2 just showed the demo but not the price or the game price to buy...
  7. why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop?: why cant a download roblox from microsoft store on my laptop? 39b0e822-fa54-4a0f-bc08-70f54e57bd9a
  8. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...
  9. Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is microsoft store not downloading anything?: Recently i tried updating whatsapp and found out that it isnt working, After that,i have tried installing anything else which also did not work. i have tried every solution i could find, which all...
  10. why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is there no voice chat in Microsoft store roblox?: I used website roblox before, but it doesn't work for me anymore for some reason, so I switched for Microsoft site roblox but I have seen some glitches, such as even when I put in first person or...