Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted?

Discus and support Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Play a game and win in a fight to get told "kys" by the other team. I message the guys friend saying it's not o.k to say these things to people and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James 124, Sep 25, 2023.

1. James 124
    James 124 Guest

Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted?

Play a game and win in a fight to get told "kys" by the other team. I message the guys friend saying it's not o.k to say these things to people and recieve a mute and followed by taunts because they knew the outcome because of key words? 22 a day Microsoft, I live that lifestyle. Maybe look at these reports and see who directed them and who asked them to stop ‍♂️. Sorry people have found a way to abuse your system and use it to grief.

:)

James 124, Sep 25, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

When you get a message like that, it's always best to report the message and block the profile, that way, the enforcement team can deal with it, and give out the relevant action.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Why telling someone to kill himself is ok, but not telling someone his behaviour is **** ?!?!

The enforcement team doesn't always send a notification when they take action. It's actually very rare to receive one. So just because you don't receive a notification, doesn't meant they aren't being taken care of.

It doesn't matter how a situation starts. If you respond in a way that violates the code of conduct you can be punished.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

Why telling someone to kill himself is ok, but not telling someone his behaviour is **** ?!?!

Also, what I find disturbing, is that I've renew my xbox game pass to play some games with my friend... an hour later I got suspended for something ridiculous... what a way to have free money microsoft
    Its really quite simple follow the code of conduct which can be found here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/codeofconduct and you wont have to worry about being suspended.

I think part of the problem is that people are so offended now a days when someone says something to them that they feel that they have to retaliate there is something called ignoring the person.

Xbox even has a great feature that you can mute and block the person so that you dont receive any more messages from them and dont get matched up with them in the future.
  5. PunkMetal Win User

Also, what I find disturbing, is that I've renew my xbox game pass to play some games with my friend... an hour later I got suspended for something ridiculous... what a way to have free money microsoft
  6. Daft Badger Win User

I got banned for getting angry and swearing at somebody. I'm not sure if it's permanent or not.

Really? Telling someone to "go kill themselves" is ok in your book?

As I said,what you have done is a serious breach or the CoC & you are lucky to only get a 2 week comms suspension.
Thema:

1. Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted? - Similar Threads - Why telling someone

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  4. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. Can someone tell me why this is bannable?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why this is bannable?: I’m so fed up with Xbox. I literally pay for them to tell I’m banned twice a month. I’m paying to get banned at this point and not able to use what I literally am paying for. Here I am playing...
  8. Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .: I'm trying to log on to my Xbox live link but it just says this profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live pleas help what should I do.. 0a774394-5bd6-4bab-b4da-e9c99dbc8b86
  9. Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X: I bought this 4K movie to watch on my Xbox but it will not read the movie so I’ve taking it back and got a new one two different times and it still won’t read the disc but it reads all other disc...
  10. Why do I get banned for using one word. But when that someone kept telling me to go ****...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get banned for using one word. But when that someone kept telling me to go ****...: My cousin killed 4 guys on GTA the other night and they invited him to a party and was saying racial slurs. So we moved on to killing them for a while and they kept fighting back. One of them...