Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games

Discus and support Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought the premium upgrade for starfield to have early access but now the game doesn't show it was purchased or shows in My owned library.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Bradley Miller_ne1, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games

I bought the premium upgrade for starfield to have early access but now the game doesn't show it was purchased or shows in My owned library.

:)

Bradley Miller_ne1, Sep 22, 2023
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games

If you only purchased the Premium Upgrade, but haven't actually purchased the base game, then it wouldn't show up as "owned". I assume that you are playing it through Game Pass and if so, that is where it would show up. Not in "owned".
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Hello Bradley Miller_ne1,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

We understand that you are having an issue with Starfield not showing as purchased or unavailable in your owned games. No worries we'll work on this together and point you to the right direction if needed.

Just to set proper expectation, for privacy and security of the account we here at Community Forums do not have a tool to check your accounts transaction for verification purposes. Since, you got me now, I will be needing your help to check your account from your end as part of the troubleshooting.

To proceed, I would like to ask if you have checked your Microsoft account to ensure that the purchase was successful and that the game is associated with your account. You can do this by logging into your Microsoft account and checking your purchase history. If the purchase is not listed, it is possible that the transaction did not go through successfully.

If the purchase is listed in your account, I would suggest that you try the following steps to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your Xbox console and check if the game appears in your owned games library.

2. Check if the game is available for download in the Microsoft Store. If it is, try downloading it again and see if it appears in your owned games library.
    3. Verify install files: Some users have reported that verifying the install files can help. This process checks for any missing or corrupted files and replaces them.
    4. If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This can be done by going to "My games & apps" on your Xbox console, selecting Starfield, and then choosing "Uninstall". Once the game is uninstalled, go back to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the game.

You can also check this helpful link for more details: Check your Xbox purchase history

If none of the above steps work, I would suggest that you contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They do have the advance tools to help us further.

You can also refer on this link to see the steps of how to Contact Xbox Support or Have Them Call You! - Microsoft Community.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

why starfield unavailable in game pass?

Hello Nihad Məmmədli,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on your description, you were unable to see the game Starfield available on Xbox Game Pass. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to isolate your issue:

1. Can we ask when is the release date of the Starfield game you are seeing?
    2. Also, may we ask what app or store are you looking at - Microsoft Store of Xbox Console or Xbox app for Windows or Xbox website?

There could be a different version of Starfield that you are seeing. So, we would like to share to you these links from Xbox website.

Release date: 9/6/2023

Buy Starfield | Xbox (Xbox Game Pass included) - Base Game

Release date: 9/1/2023

Buy Starfield Premium Edition | Xbox (not included to Xbox Game Pass) - contains Base Game

Release date: 9/1/2023

Buy Starfield Premium Edition Upgrade | Xbox (save $3.50 with Xbox Game Pass) - Base Game required (sold separately)

Learn more details here:

• FAQ
      • When is Starfield's official launch date?
        • If you've purchased the Standard Edition of Starfield or have an active Game Pass subscription, you will be able to play Starfield exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on September 6, 2023.
        • If you've purchased the Digital Premium Edition, the Premium Edition Upgrade, or the Constellation Edition of Starfield, then you will be able to play Starfield as early as September 1. Early access for Starfield will be active between September 1 - September 6. Actual early access play time depends on purchase date and is subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.
        • Buy Starfield | Xbox

[​IMG]
          Players who own the Starfield base game through Xbox Game Pass can purchase and receive the Starfield Premium Edition Upgrade (physical or digital) and will receive all Premium Edition content, including up to 5 days of early access.
      • What do you get with the different Starfield editions?
        • Pre-order any edition of Starfield to receive the Old Mars Skin Pack for these in-game items:
          • Laser Cutter
          • Deep Mining Helmet
          • Deep Mining Pack
          Game Pass members also get access to all pre-order content as long as their Game Pass subscription is active, regardless of when they download the game.

[​IMG]

* Starfield Standard Edition is included with Xbox Game Pass

** Early access up to 5 days; actual play time depends on purchase date and is subject to possible outages and applicable time zone differences.

Stay updated by checking the main source: Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. LindaF1956 Win User

App crashes on July 11 lock daily challenge

Came good yesterday, no idea why, but is working now after being unavailable for 6 days.
  6. BurnThe0bedient Win User

will tomb raider be up on the store tonight at 12am or we have to wait till tuesday morning or so

As of right now (12:52 AM EST) it is shown in the store but is currently unavailable. I have no idea when they "Flip the switch" so-to-speak to make the game downloadable.
Thema:

1. Why is Starfield now being shown as not purchased or unavailable in my owned games - Similar Threads - Why Starfield being

2. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  3. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Hi, I'm from Turkey. Have got games pass for pc but can't see Starfield on the list hence not able to download it. Could you help me please? 074664e4-709e-4bf6-b14a-da92459740b6
  4. Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I'm playing via cloud gaming.: Why is Starfield freezing every time it tries to autosave? I keep my saves low, so what gives? d2d4d936-67ca-4a9c-ad32-5c8076b544e0
  5. Why is the Starfield controller for sale on xbox consoles.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Starfield controller for sale on xbox consoles.: So for a while Starfield controller has been sold out. I had it in my wish list. 2 days ago the price was showing, doesn't say sold out. I went and put $80 on my account to find out its not for...
  6. So I have a Xbox one S that can use discs and I wanna play starfield, but it says o why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So I have a Xbox one S that can use discs and I wanna play starfield, but it says o why...: So I have a Xbox one S that can use discs and I wanna play starfield, but it says only playable on Xbox X/S and needs cloud gaming, my question is this: why can't I just play it without cloud...
  7. I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot find Starfield in my store or in my Game Pass account, why?: Why is the game missing from the store. 436cdc95-ddd4-427f-a0dc-3a542f037032
  8. Why can’t Starfield be downloaded on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t Starfield be downloaded on Xbox One X: I’ve been playing Starfield on Xbox One X with cloud gaming but I find it to be absolutely terrible. Extremely laggy, constantly interrupted by network problem pop up. I know the issue isn’t my...
  9. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...
  10. Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my saves when playing on Cloud gaming for Starfield not being saved to the cloud?: I have been playing Starfield on my Series S and then I go to play on my steamdeck via cloud gaming. This is fine, it syncs the saves from the servers that have been uploaded from my Series S but...