Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

Discus and support Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Козмос, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Козмос
    Козмос Guest

Why is reporting in-game voice chat an option for players who opt out of family settings?

Xbox needs to be for everyone, I clouding free-speaking adults whose gaming experience is enhanced by free speech, confrontation, dark humor, etc. If I wanted that, I'd be going to the local chucky cheese and playing there. Myself, any veteran, and other who just share the same sense of humor, competitiveness, and confrontational enjoyment should have a place to play as well. Where's our "safe space" to say what we want, however we want. to whoever we want? Online gaming platforms should be accommodating everyone, not just people who get their feelings hurt over being yelled at, especially when the majority fits in the former category. Most people frequenting forums, and Xbox Ambassadors fall into the group of those easily offended, upset, and think that the world should conform to their standards. Not all, but most, so in the places where those at Xbox can hear opinions, they keep hearing regurgitated information from the same small community that frequently these forums and safe space conventions. I think it's a great feature and a step in the right direction for kids to play safely. Have the accounts marked and kids or sensitive adults, when they get matched in lobbies with adults who want to free speak, have their Xbox automatically mute those free speaking accounts to the kid accounts. Only allow "safe space" accounts and kid accounts allowed to interact with each other and the rest on their own as well. Make the user have to manually unmute said marked accounts. This would satisfy both parties without having malicious activities such as communication bans and voice chat reports being used which we all know will be abused. Two people will argue, and then they'll report each other, get temp banned, and have a poor Xbox gaming experience because of it when if the feature wasn't present, they'd be made, yell at each other, then move on when they play another game, both free to game as they please while the kid account in the lobby didn't hear a word from either because it's auto muted from the jump. If a declared safe/kid account says mean things, when they get reported and proven guilty, have they're safe/kid status revoked, mute them to other marked accounts and only allow them to interact with other adult accounts. Xbox shouldn't be a safe space for kids, it's for everyone. Just like public locations, bars, arcades, parks etc are for everyone, not just playgrounds. The Xbox community encompasses all those locations environments into one. Please reflect that in policy changed such as thus. We are all one.

:)

Козмос, Dec 16, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: