why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?

Discus and support why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; hi,my remote play is working when the laptop is connected to the same wifi as the xbox but as soon as i go somewhere else and use a different wifi... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Reece Mcmillan, Jul 28, 2023.

1. why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ?

hi,my remote play is working when the laptop is connected to the same wifi as the xbox but as soon as i go somewhere else and use a different wifi remote play doesn't work on the laptop. any suggestions ? thanks.

:)

Reece Mcmillan, Jul 28, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Reece, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having some trouble with the remote play feature when you’re away from home. Let’s try to sort this out.

However, before that, I would like to ask some questions:

What’s the message you see when trying to use the feature?
    Are you running Windows 10 or 11?
    Is the remote play feature working when you use a different device, like another PC or mobile phone?
    What procedures you tried to fix this issue prior to your post creation?
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hi, Reece. It’s good to know you were able to fix the inconvenience!
    Don’t hesitate to create a new post if you need assistance in the future.
  4. Reece Mcmillan Win User

Hi there, thanks for the reply I had done abit of research last night has I’ve come back home I’ve changed a couple minor settings and now I’m fully up and running so happy days.

Thanks for the fast reply
  5. MILLERTIME9235 Win User

Xbox Remote Play does not work on the go! Please help!

Why even have remote play then? Isn’t that kind of a terrible feature? If you need to be in the same location as your Xbox to get it to work, why not just play on your console? Shouldn’t the point of remote play to be able to play on the go when you’re away from your home?
  6. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
Thema:

1. why is remote play not working on my laptop when away from home ? - Similar Threads - why remote play

2. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  3. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  4. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  5. Why is vibration not supported on remote play?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is vibration not supported on remote play?: Remote play has been a feature for several years now. I assumed early on that vibration would eventually be integrated into remote play, but it doesn't seem like there are any plans to do so. Does...
  6. Why isn't remote play working?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why isn't remote play working?: I've been on Xbox for 14+ years and this console / service gets worse as time goes on. It's getting so bad I bought a PS5 which gives me zero issues. Remote Play works fine when I'm sitting...
  7. Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is remote play stuttering and not accepting controller input on new games like THE FINALS: So what I do is use my headset on my computer. I start up remote play on the xbox app on the computer so I can listen to my xbox's audio while still listening to my pc. Whenever I use remote play...
  8. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  9. Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?: I have an Xbox Series S. It cuts my audio often. I've seen threads from early 2023 without any solutions. I have pretty decent internet, 5Ghz connection, so I know it's not my internet. I've...
  10. Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play division rivals and UT Champs on remote play?: Hello, I recently purchased EAFC 24 and some game modes like moments, UT Champs, and Division Rivals are not working on remote play. They would load but they don't accept my input from the...