Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

Discus and support Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by aiden cazares, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working?

I'm trying to make my account able to play online games. for example: online minecraft servers, but it is not loading in the settings to do that. What should i do?

:)

aiden cazares, Nov 11, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Aiden! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft/Minecraft Xbox privacy settings. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the description you provided, it appears you're unable to check your privacy settings due to the system has detected that your account is a child account. A child account can't manage the privacy settings on its own, you need an adult Microsoft account to manage its own privacy settings for you.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older.

Note: Make sure that your main account is not yet added to a Microsoft family on account.microsoft.com > Family settings.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com > Family settings > then add your child account as a "Family member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer" and your child account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account to your Microsoft family, you can proceed to manage your child account's privacy settings using your adult account. Here's how:

Sign in to your adult Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your Gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & Online Safety.

Note: Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select the gamertag for the child/main account that you want to manage.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update all of the options as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note: You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Then check if you're able to access your child's account profile on the Xbox app to see if it works.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ttings by selecting View details & customize.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Minecraft

4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Minecraft Realms not working

5. XBF Aicha T Win User

Xbox family privacy and online safety settings

6. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

cant play online for minecraft jave edt

Thema:

1. Why is Privacy & online safety settings not working? - Similar Threads - Why Privacy online

2. Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...

in XboX Insiders
    Why is this a thing? Why do you have chat, text, AND party invite privacy setting bundled...: I don't mind the odd text or voice message cussing me out or trash talking...but why in the blue hell am I forced to allow party invites only to be bombarded by a bunch of random douchebags that...
  3. Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller not allow me to continue to the Microsoft privacy policy: When trying to reenter into my Xbox one account I entered all of my Microsoft information on my counsel but once I was done entering the password my controller won’t allow me to press A to...
  4. Why isn't the Privacy online settings not working on the Xbox website?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why isn't the Privacy online settings not working on the Xbox website?: As of right now, I am using my Opera GX browser, and I'm trying to add my friends (who use a different console) and I am playing on switch, but for some reason, I need to enable adding friends...
  5. why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i access all of my setting for xbox one system privacy security all of them: my system has been taken over by my spouse it updates by its self in some password screens it has guest in top left everyday i am trying to fix the attack on my profile and system even my...
  6. Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change any of my privacy settings?: I want to change my privacy settings, but it tells me I can't because it's a child account in a family group. I'm not in a family, and I never have been. Because I'm not in a family, I can't...
  7. Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my multiplayer doesnt work even when I have allowed all privacy ON? Minecraft: I did everything but I cant play multi on minecraft I dont know why, I have allowed all privacy but I cant play, please help b1b5ba0a-99b4-4571-af03-ba75c9c38e53
  8. Why are my privacy settings not setting correctly in the game I am playing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why are my privacy settings not setting correctly in the game I am playing?: I use an XBOX ONE S. I play Overwatch 2, and I was messing with my privacy settings when I realized that they block me from accessing player-made content in the game. So, I reset my privacy back...
  9. Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings?: Why can't I access Privacy and online security on the account.xbox.com page in xbox settings? 7a85dc6a-e4b7-4ec6-aa4f-552d021621fe
  10. Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...: Whenever i try to change the account privacy and safety on my account (so i can play multiplayer on minecraft) it wont let me,A unexpected error just pops up, I've been trying to change it since...