Why is nothing installing and or updating?

Discus and support Why is nothing installing and or updating? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello to all reading, I recently just got a new computer. With it came an instllation of windows 11 that was already installed on the pc. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Jessica Graham, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Why is nothing installing and or updating?

Hello to all reading,

I recently just got a new computer. With it came an instllation of windows 11 that was already installed on the pc. I have since, installed a newer, updated version of it. The issues I'm having are a bit deeper rooted in my pc than I believe. None of my apps and or games are installing, and codes keep coming up. And before anyone asks, yep, I do have a valid Game Pass Ultimate subscription. and both my xbox and windows store are logged into the same account. These code's also come up with games that I already own and am trying to install and are not just limited to xbox game pass games. I have two accounts on this computer and the main account is the one with gamepass. That account is having the same issues. The codes that keep appearing are 0x80070520, and 0x803f8001. I have tried just about everything. Here is some breif copy and pasted explanantions of what could fix it and what I have tried:

• Resolution #1
      Press Windows key or open Windows Start, then type wsreset in the search bar

Right-click on wsreset.exe and select Run as Administrator - Did not work.
    • Resolution #2
    • Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App. -Did Not work.

• Resolution #3

Open File Explorer.
    1. Navigate to the following:
    2. C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    3. Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.
    4. Try the Xbox app again. - Did not work.

I've also tried going into my bios and enabling safe boot. I've tried repairing my windows, xbox store and microsoft store in cmd prompt. The windows powershell option where I delete the app package and re-install it does not work either. I've gone to my windows settings and to the advanced section of all my apps and tried to reset and repair them. Neither of those worked either. The same error code's keep coming up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

Jessica Graham, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Jessica, my name is oskayra, I am an independent advisor and gamer like you, I hope I can help you solve your problem today.

Apparently you have already tried everything. Clearly this suggests that the problem is in the version of Windows that you installed.

Try installing another version, in my case I use Win 10 pro and it hasn't given me any problems.

All the best
    Oskayra
  3. Jessica Graham Win User

Hi there, oskayra.

I figured that it was going to be my last option as I had felt like I had tried everything. Thank you for the clarification and for taking the time to reply :). I will let you know if this helps.

Thank you again,

Jess
  4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Why is nothing updating

My name is Fernando I'm an independent consultant, I'm happy to help

Can you tell me which game are you experiencing this problem? What device is this problem happening on and does any code or error message appear? Let me know so I can help.
  5. Cyclemanb Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Bought Twice No Refund

Ok, so an update. They refunded my money, but then they disabled the game that was working. So, thanks for nothing.....Is there no one that can help with these install issues? Why do I get no replies?? Help please.
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

Nothing will install

Hello there @KevinCornfoot, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the installation issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going
    through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 30 Seconds, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you. Please consider checking the link below, and I hope this helps you
    out.

The link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...game-or-app-installation-problems-on-xbox-one

Kind Regards
    Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Why is nothing installing and or updating? - Similar Threads - Why nothing installing

2. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  3. Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??

in XBoX on Windows
    Why would I get 3 calls n a row from xbox but nothing said ??: I received 3 calls one minute apart òn my home landlines phone. Picked it up and nothing was communicated 035c46cc-0418-4c68-ac94-1e6f3b61c511
  4. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  5. Why do you guys literally do nothing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you guys literally do nothing: Why does when someone actually harasses me and makes threats twords me you guys don’t actually ever do anything e4be9ffa-90fd-4e57-b067-b5fee4ae1d0e
  6. Xbox was banned but I can’t find out why. Nothing works on my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox was banned but I can’t find out why. Nothing works on my account.: So I’ve gotten tired of everybody lag switching in games online. I talked to Microsoft and found out how to upload videos for them to look at. I did this, and they said I violated terms and use or...
  7. Why was I banned for nothing?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I banned for nothing?: I got permanently suspended today for no reason at all. I don’t know why Microsoft has done this to me as I haven’t done nothing or said anything to anyone so it very concerning why they have done...
  8. How do I get suspended and I get no response of why my account was suspended? I did nothing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get suspended and I get no response of why my account was suspended? I did nothing...: My account was suspended and was not explained why it was suspended. Just that I violation terms which I dont know what I did. I didn't do anything havent sent nothing too no one can I get an...
  9. Why am i banned when i did comepletely nothing i have no reason to be banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am i banned when i did comepletely nothing i have no reason to be banned: I got banned for nothing, i was playing seige then got banned i dont have a mic n i dont message anyone 95069c8f-a958-4176-ba5f-f51d6d9e1a60
  10. Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my storage reading 0.0% when i have nothing installed: Is my storage busted, i tried everything to fix it but the storage reads 0.0%. c84a1ff5-9716-4cd4-bf6a-bd5e113b6493