Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps

Discus and support Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one s. I once plugged it in and started to use it as usual then it suddenly turned off. When i try to turn it on,the fan comes on but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Michael Nyaga1, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps

I have an xbox one s. I once plugged it in and started to use it as usual then it suddenly turned off. When i try to turn it on,the fan comes on but not at its normal speed,it makes three beeping sounds and some unusual sounds then turns off. Why is this happening. I have restarted it,left it to cool down,changed the power cables but still no change

:)

Michael Nyaga1, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi Michael! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox One S. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

There could be an issue with your console itself since it does turn off suddenly. Kindly perform the following workarounds:

Change the console settings so it doesn't turn off automatically if possible:

Turn on the console.
    Press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    Under Options, select Turn off after, and then select Don’t turn off automatically.

Reset your internal power supply:

To reset the internal power supply, follow these steps:
    Unplug the power cord from the console.
    Wait 10 seconds.
    Plug the cord back into the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the front of the console.

Check that the wall outlet you’re using is working with other devices.
    Check that the power cable is firmly connected to the wall outlet and to your console.
    Ensure that you're using the power cable which came with your console, and that it's the correct cable for your region.

If the steps above didn't work, proceed to perform the next steps using the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/console-turns-off-unexpectedly

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. theNWHC Win User

250 gb slim beeping! randomly turns on off wtf!

it wil beep a few times over about 3-5 minutes but only ever one beep. The it will power off. Also beep a few times then turn on.

I have cleaned all buttons, last night i could not play at all it would turn off after 3-5 mins
  4. Co0lie Win User

Xbox one turning off unexpectedly.

Yes i just hear the sound of the Xbox one when it turns on it ''beeps'' then after it ''beeps'' again and turn off. I was playing lately today on it, and it just ''beeps' turn off while i was playing....

still any solution?
  5. SABDOM Win User

Xbox not working

This could help... :

https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/453665/Why+is+my+Xbox+one+keep+turning+off+and+on+with+the+sensor+beeping+X
  6. Ex Calibur Win User

Xbox Series X Random Shutdown

Update for May 8th, 2021, today my Xbox has turned off 3 times in the middle of a game. My screen goes black and then the Xbox beeps and turns off. The controller does not even turn off, showing that this shutdown is completely irregular and not proper. Can someone at Microsoft please help me?
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox turning on then off after 3 beeps - Similar Threads - Why turning off

2. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  6. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  9. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  10. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43