Why is my xbox turning off when i try to play the next gen versions of madden or 2k?

Discus and support Why is my xbox turning off when i try to play the next gen versions of madden or 2k? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So i bought madden 24, was playing it then my xbox turns off, no warning no nothing. When turned back on i get no overheating messages or anything of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by pudaboy29, Aug 16, 2023.

1. pudaboy29
    pudaboy29 Guest

Why is my xbox turning off when i try to play the next gen versions of madden or 2k?

So i bought madden 24, was playing it then my xbox turns off, no warning no nothing. When turned back on i get no overheating messages or anything of the sort and i have in a well ventilated area this problem has also happened on 2k and seems to mainly happen on games where there is two different games a next gen and a current gen but has only happened with these two titles.

:)

pudaboy29, Aug 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, pudaboy29!

The issue can be with the console since this is happening with multiple games or the games themselves.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  3. Bunionz Win User

EA Need Competition

[quote user="TWISTEDM1NDZ"]

Lmao at you'll crying about things that will be fixed next update. The game itself is great and my superstars play like superstars, stop looking for the smallest reason to suck off 2k, because 2k has been a broken developer for years

[/quote]they would be 2 different games...madden -arcade,, 2k-simulation... But i give it to you....madden is same ole madden , but why are the other 2k sports titles preferred over their junk? If 2k didnt have to worry about a license to make a great
    nfl game, do you think madden would last as long as it did? I dont think so son... sales would be cut in half for sure.. O remember the GANG TACKLING NEW FEATURE IT BOASTED? WELL let me throw some knowledge at you, Gang tackling was in madden 08.. broken
    franchise etc (how many years do you have to play wit same team? FOREVER....no firings / hirings.. .. I wont even tickle the presentation argument....
  4. DanteSparda504 Win User

Madden 25 Freezes

It may just be an isolated issue. I haven't really heard of Madden next gen having any freezing issues and haven't run into it myself(play it nightly) but I know Madden on current gen froze on occasion, but it was like a rare one off thing that would happen
    in the menu of connected franchise.
  5. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

SP. This ridiculous chase across the ocean after The Valkyrie

I'm gonna hold off on the SP until I get the Xbone version. No sense in playing it once on the weaker system when I can play the next gen version in 3 weeks.
  6. Orion Boomer Win User

(NBA2K23) Is it possible I can transfer all of my stuff from the xbox one to my xbox series x?

I wanna know how can I transfer my 2K myplayer from current version to next gen I went from x box one to x box series S
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox turning off when i try to play the next gen versions of madden or 2k? - Similar Threads - Why turning off

2. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  3. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  5. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  6. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my xbox one keep turning off once I turn it on: I've tried turning my xbox on but it just turns off after does this mean the xbox is broken? 0d53436b-7659-4e05-8b51-df3af99090cd
  9. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  10. Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just...: Why does my xbox turn off when it starts the third update bar for the console, it just turns off and thats it then i have to restart the update every time 1c8704b4-da52-4e52-a310-f815f117ae43