Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

Discus and support Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Conor J. Coyle, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them on offline mode but would like to play them online. I currently have Xbox gold and have not purchased the games through game pass or have any dlc from when I had a free trial of game pass. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem and use the online services. Other games such as rocket league or sekiro I have no problem with online services. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

:)

Conor J. Coyle, Jan 15, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select games?

Hello, Conor J. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Could you double-check if you have a Game Pass Core or Ultimate (includes Core) subscription active on the profile you want to use to play online?

First, it is important to ask that please refrain from sharing personal information, including email addresses, gamertags, etc.

As community users, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.

That being said, the question above is asked because paid games, like the ones you mentioned, or like GTA V, etc. require having an active Xbox Live Gold (now named Game Pass Core) or Game Pass Ultimate subscription to access online features.

It is indispensable to note that Live Gold is not required for free games like Fortnite, Call of Duty: Warzone, Halo Infinite multiplayer, etc.

Moreover, below is a similar thread where you can review the same information:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/33ff6341-c063-4145-b194-bc997fe6c202

Thanks for taking the time to read me,

Arturo.
  3. - AJ - Win User

Why do I not have access to a game I have purchased

Hi, Dant! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues accessing your game.

- May I ask which platform you are playing on?

- If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me which game is this?

- Are you prompted to purchase Game Pass once inside the game?

-----

With the exemption of free-to-play games like Fortnite, Warzone, Apex Legends, etc, all console games, purchased or not, require an active subscription to either Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate (includes Game Pass Core) to play online on the Xbox Network. I believe this may be the reason why you are being prompted to buy a subscription.

To clarify:

• Offline/story/campaign modes can be accessed without a subscription, it's just online features that require one.

• Some games like Fallout 76, Elder Scrolls Online, and Final Fantasy XIV are online only and therefore require an active subscription to play their only game mode.

• Game Pass Core is what Xbox Live Gold used to be, it's just that It was renamed and restructured to offer additional services in addition to online gaming.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  4. Smwutches Win User

XBOX Live or Ultimate

Xbox Live is the online service for Xbox. It includes being able to connect to the Xbox store and services. Xbox Live is free, but to play online through Live, you need a Gold subscription.

Ultimate Game Pass includes a Gold subscription, Game Pass for PC, and Game Pass for Xbox One. This means you would have access to online game play as well as a library of games to play (like Netflix for games).
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox live won’t work

Game pass and Xbox live are two different things. Xbox live provides access to online multiplayer while game pass provides access to content available to download. Remember that any digital purchase is bound to the account making that purchase.
  6. KaustavBanerjee1 Win User

Do I need xbox game pass to play online FUT modes? I already bought the full version ultimate edition

EA tells me this is an entitlement issue. XBox entitlement is not setup properly for my game and that is why this access problem is occurring. This is something that happens sometimes for digital game purchases.

Anybody any idea about this?
Thema:

Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

1. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select... - Similar Threads - Why telling purchase

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  4. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me: K why I got a 3 day social suspensetion does every1 got it or its just me what did I do wrong I'm on Xbox series x I didn't do nothing wrong I swear pls Xbox tell me every1 has this cuz all...
  8. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  9. Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?: One hacker by the name of [mod removed] reset my ranking from Level 29 to Level 1 and now every single loadout is flushed down the drain. I am really sick of seeing these people on XBL and that I...
  10. Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...: It tells me I need to purchase again after I alrwddy have it. And I have the order number and receipt. I'm on pc 79101b99-2c56-4489-894a-2587d46c17cc