Why is my Xbox series x turning the screen red or purple

Discus and support Why is my Xbox series x turning the screen red or purple in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox series x had a red colour screen and now has a purple coloured screen after switching hdmi, switching inputs and resetting my console... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ellie5544, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Ellie5544
    Ellie5544 Guest

Xbox series x had a red colour screen and now has a purple coloured screen after switching hdmi, switching inputs and resetting my console

:)

Ellie5544, Jan 12, 2024
  2. Renatodibi Win User

Hi Ellie

My name is Renato.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

I'm sorry for your issue; unfortunately, if you have also reset the console, I fear a technical intervention may be necessary. Even though it probably won't change anything, you could try connecting it to another TV to see if the problem persists.

Anyuway, I'm writing the reset procedure to confirm that you've done everything correctly.

To reset your console

Press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.

You can choose between resetting and removing everything or resetting and keeping games and apps. I suggest starting with the second option first, and then perform the reset and remove everything only if the issue is not resolved by keeping games and apps.

It's important you know that "Reset and remove everything" restores the console to factory default settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps, will be deleted.

Further information at
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

If you have performed everything correctly and the issue persists, I recommend contacting technical support.

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Additionally, even though you should have restored all settings to factory defaults after resetting the console, I'm providing you with a link to a support page on black screen issues. You can always try following any procedures listed there if you wish.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardw...tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

KInd regards
    Renato

Kind regards
    Renato
  3. Redclayplayzz Win User

How do I make my Xbox boot screen (B.I.O.S.) blue?

Oh because i seen red,blue,purple xbox 360 boot screens and blue xbox one boot screen...
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

red dot on xbox 360

my xbox 360 turns red with an E82 error on screen......tried different HDMI and also different TV...please help
    The red dot seems like an Xbox 360 slim model, if it's like the same post as in this link....

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/rrod/07b1e276-4965-4c91-836a-005684ba20af

It looks like it's the Red Dot of Death, if it's a solid red dot, it's Hardware Failure as in the console has died,

Best option would be to upgrade to an Xbox One / S / X, or to save up and wait until late November - December for the Xbox Series S / X.
  5. kevinblord92 Win User

HDMI Cable Issue

The TV background is purple. It is not because of the XBOX. There is 0 picture coming from the Xbox. I was saying the only way I could get to the screen with the purple background (HDMI 1) is for something to be hooked up and turned on out of the HDMI 1
    port. The HDMI 1 background is purple.
  6. SamuelBazaldua Win User

Xbox Series X/S games "not playable on this device" on brand new Xbox One X

It says "Optimized for series X/S. IT should say "Only for series X/S. Why does Microsoft try to hide this with a little red circle popup note "not playable on this device" If it's not playable then keep it off my Game Pass ultimate and store

that I pay $16.99 monthly for.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox series x turning the screen red or purple - Similar Threads - Why series turning

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  6. Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X turning on with no picture on my tv or computer monitor?: I tried different hdmi cables.I turning the console on and off as listed on the list of steps to troubleshoot.It finally turned on.I did the 10 second power cycle then got nothing on both my tv...
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox series 2 elite controller turn on: My Xbox series 2 elite controller just stopped working today and idk what to do bb9108a5-2041-47e5-8bae-736472097920
  9. Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s keep on resetting every time I turn it on?: Im not sure this is happening I turn it on/off normally and I’ve only had it for 10 days. So I just turned on my Xbox and it says set up with the Xbox app. 3b7d6936-51d5-4215-8a8b-ba3c61eeb5fa
  10. Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my screen & everything else black & white after turning on xbox series x?: Console turns on but when it gets passed the xbox loading screen, everything including apps & games are black & white 4895b4d9-d292-4288-b451-a055f7818766