Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, As the title suggests I'm having some performance issues on CoD MW2 (2009) and BO1 (2010). I downloaded these from the Microsoft store to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Bileblade, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ?

Hello all,

As the title suggests I'm having some performance issues on CoD MW2 (2009) and BO1 (2010). I downloaded these from the Microsoft store to play on my series X as they are all on sale right now and the multiplayer servers are working again.

Why do these Xbox 360 games feel so bad on a current gen console ? Specifically performance . I would expect the game to feel and run so smooth but it feels like my game is running at 20fps and the input lag is unbearable . I play on a 1080p monitor at 120hz refresh rate & have tried to lock it to 720p at 60hz to see if that helps but it does not make a difference .

Ideally to resolve this issue somebody could help me get these two games running nice and smooth on my series X. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty disappointed with my old school CoD experience on a new gen console.

Kind Regards,

Sam

:)

Sam Bileblade, Jul 21, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Because there's only so much throwing raw horsepower can do for these games. Just as adding servers doesn't usually address matchmaking issues.

In addition, you're dependent on peer to peer connections with other users, and your gameplay is affected by their lag

You're seeing the games as they are. Changing your monitor settings will not affect anything, the game runs at the same resolution/refresh regardless. Emulation is often limited by the original code, and I suggest you get the MW2 remake if you wish better performance on single player
  3. Trvprical Win User

Discontinued Games

i just want my old CoD games back like bo1 or mw2
  4. ow7iee Win User

Why does PS3 version run better for me?

Actually the Xbox version runs a bit faster in frames per second... I Think PS3 players are not as COD hardcore players like Xbox gamers... it's almost been like MW3 and BO1-2 ♥ Xbox360, or maybe they even had sex with each other in recent years? j/k :D

BO1 and MW2 is even worse... they had to scale down graphics for the PS3 so it could run at least 30fps... The PS3 may have some technical advantages over the 360.. But in the real world it meant nothing! Speed is #1 in multiplayer action games..and the
    360 have a faster gpu...

Now both consoles are ooooold... Even my phone, Google Nexus 4 is way more powerful,, I want the Xbox one now!! :D
  5. Dan M8 Win User

X Box series X not next gen?

Yes, I have installed new version of Xbox series X COD MW2 over the weekend and it looks like next gen performance. Also other games previously installed on my old Xbox one console run much faster (especially loading times) on the series X console. There is major gameplay differences with next gen and current gen versions of NBA 2K23, which is where I’m having the issue..?
  6. PaIeH0rse Win User

Rate it 1-10

COD 4 - 9.5

WAW - 2

MW2 - 8

BO1 - 7.5

BO2 - 6
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox series X struggling to run CoD MW2 and BO1 for Xbox 360 ? - Similar Threads - Why series struggling

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  8. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  9. Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my games and apps suddenly not working on my Xbox series s: All games and apps stopped working. Recently did a hard reset trying to fix controller issues and now none of my apps and games are working. Which is odd because earlier today they were working...
  10. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....