Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all

Discus and support Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I turn on my xbox it doesn’t have any sound and when I try to set up the audio in the settings it does nothing 2137d7f7-bee7-4624-81c3-f3955382f5a2 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ashton Nix, May 11, 2024.

1. Ashton Nix
    Ashton Nix Guest

When I turn on my xbox it doesn’t have any sound and when I try to set up the audio in the settings it does nothing

:)

Ashton Nix, May 11, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Hi, Ashton! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your console.

Would you mind giving this a try?

• Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    • Unplug the console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    • Plug your console's power cord back in.
    • Turn your console on and check if the issues persist.

-----

If that doesn't work, I'd appreciate it if you could answer the following questions:

- To clarify, is this happening with both headset and speaker audio?

- Is your console's HDMI cable plugged directly into one of the HDMI ports on your TV?

- Have you already tried using a different HDMI cable?

- Could you go to Settings > General > TV & Display settings > Video fidelity & overscan, and let me know what "Overrides" is set to?

- Besides your TV/monitor, do you have any external devices plugged into your console?

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Tim Cutter Win User

Controller sent for replacement, no reply..

Geri, I'm not sure if you still are receiving this thread but I did get my replacement Xbox controller today and I hooked it up to my series X and everything worked fine except that there is no sound coming through my wired headphones. These are Arctis Prime Steel Series wired headphones that worked fine with all my other controllers and just recently with my Xbox series X controller but when I connected to the Elite control they sent me it does there's no sound coming through. I cleaned the port a harder rebooted my Xbox Series X I updated the firmware and still no results.

Do you have any suggestions?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

Like, when I say it’s loud, the thing sounds like a hoover. 😳
    Hi

That's not right at all. My Series X is almost silent, running Series X games or Xbox One games.

If it sounds that loud either there is a hardware fault or the consoles' location is not ideal.

While it's true that some games will make the system hotter, it should not sound like a hoover, even my high end gaming PC (self built) doesn't get that loud and it can reach 84C.
  5. aPopHiS 93 Win User

[PC] Xbox Wireless Headset + Dolby Atmos = Audio Stuttering

I have the same issue with my Xbox Wireless Headset and a fresh bought wireless adapter for PC... With my Series X no problems at all. When I turn of Dolby Atmos -> no sound problems. Can't find any solution ...
  6. ÖzerÖzdemir1 Win User

on Xbox Series X , recordings havent got sound

My main problem is about recording game sounds on Xbox Series X not my microphone sound on pc.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox series x not making any sound at all - Similar Threads - Why series making

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  6. Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why’s is my Xbox series x making a clicking noise then stopping my installations: Hi recently when installing some games my xbox gets about half way then clicks once or twice before stopping the install and I have to manually restart it any idea what this could be? It only...
  7. Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x not make the chime noise when i turn it on and off?: Does anyone know how to fix this? 2966b0b0-38b5-4363-b5a6-9f5cd45a4763
  8. Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't you make captures on the xbox series X and use as desktop background on the...: A couple question: 1: Can't set as desktop background when your offline. 2: Captures only available to set as desktop background, when you capture something onto internal harddrive only and must...
  9. Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox Series X make like a vibrating/grinding noise when i install disc games?: This has never been an issue for me until today. I was reinstalling COD MW2 and when I was doing that like a grinding/vibrating noise happened...Like I said never has this been an issue for me. I...
  10. Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when i try to insert a game into my series x it doesnt take the disc and makes a loud...: I probably have had the series x for a few months and haven’t tried to insert a game until today and when i try to insert a game it doesnt take the game. Also when i first got the console i...