Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

Discus and support Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ManrajTaggar, Mar 4, 2024.

1. ManrajTaggar
    ManrajTaggar Guest

I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when clicking the xbox button on my controller and scrolling through the menu, it was slow and would respond to my controller actions around 3 seconds later than when I pressed the button. When I would click up or down it would take 3 seconds before appearing on the screen. Does anyone have a fix for this or is it just a hardware problem? Also I’m playing music if that is the problem.

:)

ManrajTaggar, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox Series S console.

For us to isolate the case, you can try to perform another factory reset keep my games and apps just in case it would fix the issue.

If the slow performance error persists, I highly recommend you perform an Offline System Update according to the official Xbox website: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update">https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

"To use the Offline System Update, you'll need:

A Windows-based PC with an Internet connection and a USB port
    A USB flash drive with a minimum 6 GB of space formatted as NTFS"

If you have the following requirements, please follow the detailed instructions to perform OSU for Xbox Series S through the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/offline-system-update

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Rob Talbott Win User

Xboxone error code 0x0000000000000100 can't connect to network

I have the xbox series s. I'm in the U.S. and I don't think I part of the program. And I've tries factory resetting my xbox and resetting the router.
  4. David_834 Win User

My xbox one s is really slow after a factory reset

Also something extra i get randomly kicked out of parties when my xbox freezes
  5. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying, David. Let's try to clear your local saved games instead to see if your game data may be causing the issue.

1. Eject the disc from your console if there's one inserted.
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    3. Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Storage devices.
    4. Select Clear local saved games.

Note Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox cloud. It will only clear data you have saved locally.

5. Select Yes to confirm.
  6. David_834 Win User

Hello i switched from wired to wireless and there was no change
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset? - Similar Threads - Why series slow

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  8. Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my Xbox series X keep disconnecting from my network?: The issue began about a month and a half ago and has gotten consistently worse. I will be in the middle on a Overwatch 2 game and the latency will jump from 30 to the 1600s and then the console...
  9. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  10. Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox One S (Not Series) suddenly Slow, Freezing, and Crashing?: The problems: Boot up is slower by a minute or two Home Menu will lag, freeze for a couple of minutes I have only 3 games installed and this is what happens with each: Forza 7: Came with the...