Why is my xbox series s controller continuously blinking off and on?

Discus and support Why is my xbox series s controller continuously blinking off and on? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox series controller keep blinking off and on and I don’t know how to fix it. I’ve tried resyncing my controller to the xbox, restarting the xbox,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tolu Bayode, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Tolu Bayode
    Tolu Bayode Guest

My xbox series controller keep blinking off and on and I don’t know how to fix it. I’ve tried resyncing my controller to the xbox, restarting the xbox, and any other suggestion that was probably already said, could it be the xbox itself that causing this because I’ve bought multiple controllers so they are not the problem, I need help?

:)

Tolu Bayode, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi Tolu! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

If the other controllers work normally on your console, this means that the error is only on your Xbox series controller.

Please update your Xbox series controller on your Windows PC by following the steps in this article "Update your Xbox Wireless Controller" (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...hen select the controller you... . See More.)

"Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/p/xbox-accessories/9nblggh30xj3?

Open the Xbox Accessories app.
    Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Important: The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11 and updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported."

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. Francia J. Win User

Why are my xbox series s controllers blinking.

Hi Cheebith, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Unplug your console for 5 minutes.

3. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​
  4. Luke_917 Win User

Xbox Series X Sync button/synced controller stopped. Sync button must work as I am able to get to BIOS. Sync button wont blink.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, I did not know that it was "wirelessly" connected while connected to a USB C Data Cord. As soon as I unplug, it stays disconnected (in sync mode the controller also keeps blinking then turns off). If this is right I don't know why I also can't sync any of my other Xbox controllers to the series X unless connected with a cord (works on an One X controller also, stops when unplugged). I don't know why the sync button (blinking) stopped operating all together.

I replaced my batteries and tried to pull and place back in earlier with no luck. I also updated the controller as I set up as new.

The interesting thing is I am able to use the series X controller perfectly on PC wirelessly with windows 10/Xbox PC adapter. I have no problems on PC wireless.
  5. Slakblazer Win User

Having to continually Xbox series x reset console

Ok thanks I will try this. I have also noticed when turning the Xbox box series x off, the Xbox button on the unit will continue to blink for up to 5 minutes. I have had to unplug it before to turn it off. I forgot to mention this in my earlier post but now I’m wondering if the two are related. Thanks
  6. Giugio17 Win User

Xbox series X sleep mode and startup

But, anyway, why my Xbox series s using this energy saver sleep mode, startup even using my controller?
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox series s controller continuously blinking off and on? - Similar Threads - Why series controller

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my series S controller reading as a mouse and keyboard: I have tried deleting the drivers but it still persists. Shares the same address as the Mouse and keyboard in device manager. Each time I press the left thumbstick it pops up keyboard....
  5. Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my RB on my XBOX Series S controller making a buzzing/springing noise: my RB on my controller is making a buzzing/springing noise, the RB works but that noise is annoying me. it happened a couple of days ago cdbea244-a9d6-4544-be4f-9143677d077e
  6. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  10. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...