Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own games I have purchased and played for years?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own games I have purchased and played for years? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased call of duty modern warfare (2019). After enjoying the game for a year call of duty Cold War came out, and as an avid fan of call of duty I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hadlee Kinghorn, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own games I have purchased and played for years?

I purchased call of duty modern warfare (2019). After enjoying the game for a year call of duty Cold War came out, and as an avid fan of call of duty I purchased it. Soon after that, whenever trying to play modern warfare, I couldn’t start the game, and it said I didn’t own it. I tried Microsoft support, with zero help or response. Now recently my Xbox is saying I don’t own Cold War. After being hung up on TWICE by Xbox support, I am beyond angry and do not know what to do

:)

Hadlee Kinghorn, Jul 18, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Hadlee!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your purchased games. I am here to help.

Kindly confirm if the Call of Duty Modern Warfare shows up on your transaction history by signing your account on account.microsoft.com > Go to Payment and Billing > Order History.

If the game transaction can be found under your account's Order History, please remove your Microsoft account from your console > restart your console > re-add your Microsoft account > then check to see if it works here's how to remove your account:

1.Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2.Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3.Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

> Then restart your console and proceed with re-adding your account. You've got nothing to worry as this will not delete your saved data progress.

Once you're done, check if the game will work.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  3. Francia J. Win User

Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own a disc owned game ??

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly remove the disc and then perform a powercycle on your console before inserting the disc and then try playing the game again.

​​​

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​"
  4. Sodangidni Win User

Why does my Xbox say I don’t own this game

Hello, SincereFinnthesnowwolf. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

Important: Please refrain from sharing personal information, gamertags, phone numbers, etc.

As community users like you, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.

That being said, I would like to ask if after clicking below and using your account, the game gives you the option to install it, or does it say “Buy”?

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed/BP4TTT81TPPK

In case it says buy, could you access with every email address you have to the game listing?

Additionally, please check your Microsoft account order history to see if maybe the game is listed there or not.

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Note: Make sure to change the “ordered within” filter to “all available”.

I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Regards,

Arturo.
  5. Cortland Walker Win User

Why does it say I don’t own this game?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, for some reason my Xbox didn't update it since the server slam beta and that's why it thought I didn't own the game. The only trick is you can't try to install it through the store, you'll have to do it through your game library.
  6. Cortland Walker Win User

Why does it say I don’t own this game?

I'm having the same issue and can verify that my card has successfully been charged the $100. I even played the game during the open and closed betas. When I view the game in the store it says I own it, but when I try to play now all it says is insert the disk and an error code: 0x82d40005.
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own games I have purchased and played for years? - Similar Threads - Why saying don’t

2. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  6. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  7. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  8. Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the verification for Microsoft points continuously say I don’t have a mobile...: I’ve been trying to redeem my Microsoft points for almost 6 months now with continuous problems. When I try to redeem the points and it goes through verification, it tells me there isn’t a number...
  9. why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does it say I don’t own nba2k24 after I preordered it: So the past couple days I’ve been looking at the time I have left on nba2k24 until it drops so I got off of work today and came home to see how much longer I got and pretty much it says I got to...
  10. Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own a disc owned game ??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox saying I don’t own a disc owned game ??: I have had trouble with my disc version on Grand theft auto 5, so I thought to buy it on the store and I bought the version not compatible with my Xbox so I asked for a refund, which was given....