Why is my xbox running so slow?

Discus and support Why is my xbox running so slow? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A day after using my xbox regularly i turn it on casually like every other time but with it now being very slow and when you try to the home button or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Goat_lol, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Goat_lol
    Goat_lol Guest

A day after using my xbox regularly i turn it on casually like every other time but with it now being very slow and when you try to the home button or open anything it will take a min or 2 to actually pop up and no issues with the internet and there was no issues the day before that it just started acting really slow and being laggy?

:)

Goat_lol, Oct 1, 2023
  2. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Which model of Xbox is it?

Do you have any peripherals attached to the console, such as an external hard drive? If so, shut the console down, disconnect everything except the power and HDMI cables (and controller if you use a wired one), then boot the console back up to see if the issue is gone.
  3. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Goat_lol! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Has anything changed? You don't have lots of downloads or anything like that?
  4. The_Last_DJ Win User

As said above, it does sound like the HDD is wearing out which is why its getting laggy.
  5. Goat_lol Win User

It is the xbox one s also i do not have any peripherals or a external hard drive connected i have already tried a hard reset many times but no help it just stays laggy
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Have you tried a factory reset? If not, do it and choose the option to keep your games/apps installed. You will need to sign back into your account(s) when it's done, but your games/apps/DLC will still be there, so it's not too painful. That will refresh the OS, so if corrupt/missing operating system files are causing the issue, it will fix it.

If that doesn't help, while I can't say for sure, it could be that the internal HDD is on the way out. If the console is out of warranty, your best bet would be to find a third party repair place locally that has a good reputation/reviews, and can diagnose the fault for you and give you a quote on how much it would cost to fix.
Thema:

1. Why is my xbox running so slow? - Similar Threads - Why running slow

2. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  3. Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why lock me out of my account when i run out of xbox live?: I have an xbox account and i had xbox live up until now and i thought once that live runs out i would just be able to use my account offline and play free games like xbox advertises but no once...
  4. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  5. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  6. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...
  7. Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn't my xbox series s running 1440p@120hz?: Hello, I recently bought a new MSI monitor from amazon. It is 1440p and reaches up to 170hz. I am aware that the xbox series s can only reach up to 120hz and 1440p, however, when I bought it and...
  8. Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Cloud Gaming game crash after running?: I open the Xbox App on my PC and run a game via Cloud Gaming after 5/10 minutes of running/playing, the game crashes (closes entirely) with no warning or prompt. The game is downloaded and fully...
  9. Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my 165 hz moniter only run 60hz on xbox but when the hdmi cable is connected to my...: When I connect my hdmi cable to my laptop my mobiter can run the correct hertz but when connected to my xbox I can only run 60 hz they both run 1080p and I have an xbox one...
  10. Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my multiplayer connection so slow but whenever I run a test on it, it says it’s fine?: Basically what it says on the tin, my multiplayer connection is so poor and so slow whenever I join a game, yet whenever I run tests on it like “Test multiplayer connection”, “Test NAT type” or...