Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location?

Discus and support Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to open Microsoft rewards but when I click on it to open it on my Xbox one it comes up saying Update your consoles location even though it's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zara Waters, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Zara Waters
    Zara Waters Guest

I'm trying to open Microsoft rewards but when I click on it to open it on my Xbox one it comes up saying Update your consoles location even though it's set to my location.

:)

Zara Waters, Jan 18, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Zara, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Just to confirm and better understand the situation, in which region are you currently physically located?

I'll be awaiting for your response.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi again Zara, thank you for the clarification.

Generally, that message appears only when the Microsoft Rewards app is not available in a region, but as far as I can see, it is available in the United Kingdom, and you should be able to open it.

If your console region is set to the United Kingdom, then please check that your Microsoft account region is also properly configured using the following link:

https://account.microsoft.com/profile

If the issue persists, please try the following procedure:

1. Uninstall the Microsoft Rewards app.

2. With the Xbox turned on, press the power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it completely shuts down.

3. Disconnect the power cable from the console and wait for 30 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cable to your console and turn it on as usual.

5. Reinstall the Microsoft Rewards app and check if the problem persists.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. - AJ - Win User

Microsoft rewards tells me to update my console location

Hi, Adeeb! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Rewards app.

Would you mind giving these a try?

-----------

If you are using any router-based VPN, disable it.

-----------

- Go to Settings > System > Language & Location
    - Change your location to a different country
    - Restart your console.
    - Go back to Settings > System > Language & Location
    - Change your location back to the country you are currently living in.
    - Restart your console again.
    - Try launching the rewards app.

-----------

- Press and hold your console's power button until it shuts down.
    - Unplug your console's power cord for 5 minutes.
    - Power off your modem/router and unplug it for a few minutes.
    - Plug everything back together and turn your console on.
    - Check if the issues persist.

-----------

Go to Settings > Account > Privacy & Online Safety> App Privacy > Location > Location On.

Although this is one I haven't had to use myself, I've seen some users report that enabling this setting has helped with this problem.

-----------

If none of the previous steps have worked, could you connect your console to a different network, restart your console, and then launch the Rewards app? Please note that even a phone's hotspot would work for testing purposes.

-----------

Thank you! I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  5. WPAK Win User

Microsoft rewards tells me to update my console location

Hi there,

just to be sure, are you physically also located in the USA?

Since it's usually best to set the console to the location you are physically located it.
  6. Manjesh Kumar Win User

Rewards app location error

Hi

I'm unable to access the rewards app as I get a message telling me to update my consoles location. I've checked my system settings and it's correct to my location that being the UK.
    Location problem
Thema:

1. Why is my Xbox one telling me to update consoles location? - Similar Threads - Why telling update

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can people harass you about your gameplay, an ylwhen you tell them to buzz off you get...: Was playing rainbow six siege this morning, some kid decided to tell me I sucked at the game So I told him to go **** himself .. Harassment / my foul language.. Either way I was provoked .....
  4. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  5. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  6. Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update please tell me why I keep getting the fixing update: Guys I have a question do you know if they're going to add like any more featured updates to the Xbox beta insider program because I have been getting only updates stating for the workaround of...
  7. why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why I got a 3 day social suspension pls tell me its not just me: K why I got a 3 day social suspensetion does every1 got it or its just me what did I do wrong I'm on Xbox series x I didn't do nothing wrong I swear pls Xbox tell me every1 has this cuz all...
  8. Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is battlefield 2042 not available download for xbox one but is telling me to down load...: I am being told that battlefield 2042 is unavailable to down load through the xbox box game pass despite owning the ultimate pass. I am told that the one version is not available for my console...
  9. Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?

in XBoX on Windows
    Tell me why there are hackers on COD (Old) Xbox 360 MW3 Lobbies?: One hacker by the name of [mod removed] reset my ranking from Level 29 to Level 1 and now every single loadout is flushed down the drain. I am really sick of seeing these people on XBL and that I...
  10. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...